Thread: anyone know a script that...

anyone know a script that...

here's what we have:

page layout is 6 thumbs each with name and running time listed under the thumbs.

when a new thumb is added, all the already listed thumbs over 1 spot and moves the ones at the bottom of each page over to the top of the next page.

this script would have to work with current page layout and create static html pages.

anyone?

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    I can't think of anything that would do that out-of-the-box, but it would not be hard to implement using PHP, just have a database and rotate pic based on either input date or some date or number that you set...

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    here's what we have:

page layout is 6 thumbs each with name and running time listed under the thumbs.

when a new thumb is added, all the already listed thumbs over 1 spot and moves the ones at the bottom of each page over to the top of the next page.

this script would have to work with current page layout and create static html pages.

anyone?
    Hi Patty,

I guess the files reside somewhere on the filesystem and are not coming from out of a database, right?

How / Where do you save the name & running time (DB / flatfile)

Would an admin-panel be needet or could you just edit a certain file, insert thumbnail-filename, name of the clip, runtim?
    (e.g. thumbnail.jpg;Hot fuck clip no.1;2:34)

Is any other software / script running in those pages you would like to have?

:develish:
    :-D

babymaker
    So it would be like a tube only not take submisions??

i know of a script

lemme find it...if thats what you are talking about :shades:

it's a paysite member area and currently there are no scripts running there at all beside the ccbill scripts. at the moment, the name and time are written in html on a page.

http://www.barebackmasters.com/tour2.html

babymaker
    it's a paysite member area and currently there are no scripts running there at all beside the ccbill scripts. at the moment, the name and time are written in html on a page.

http://www.barebackmasters.com/tour2.html
    this wouldn't work then, but a cms should but a bit of money.

considering that all we want is for the update thumbs and titles to be placed on the pages and to move the rest accordingly, it seems silly to get an entire cms.

also we want html pages and i'm not sure i've seen a cms that even offers that.

babymaker
    considering that all we want is for the update thumbs and titles to be placed on the pages and to move the rest accordingly, it seems silly to get an entire cms.

also we want html pages and i'm not sure i've seen a cms that even offers that.
    true, probably overkill, i wish there were more simple scripts around ready made that did things like this....

Xstr8guy
    I use Arles to do exactly what you are asking. Example here... http://www.uknakedmen.com/themen.html

However, it is not a server-side script. All you have to do is generate the pages and upload the new thumbs and overwrite the webpages.

checking out arles... would i have to link each thumb individually? 'cause doing that with 36 or 60 thumbs would be a real pain...

Life is a dick and when itīs get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Arles automatically builds galleries based on templates and lets you set if it links to individual images or html files containing the images.

You can set how many rows and columns the gallery can have OR set the number in the template itself by placing certain arles-relevant tags into the template.

:develish:
    :-D

glowlite
    2c

That's a fairly simple PHP/MySql pagination script basschick. If I understand your needs correctly. You could parse your HTML pages as PHP server side to implement it. I just started building a similar site for a client. Simple elseif statements can then be used to change various additional ad space or content as the surfer/member goes from page to page.

On the site I mentioned I have an HTML form so the client can insert/edit/delete pics, text, links, etc into the database.

Xstr8guy
    checking out arles... would i have to link each thumb individually? 'cause doing that with 36 or 60 thumbs would be a real pain...
    Develish described Arles very well. It is quite flexible if you work with the custom template options but there are some limitations that can be frustrating. Hit me up on AIM (xstr8gy) if you need some help.

Quote Originally Posted by DEVELISH View Post
    Arles automatically builds galleries based on templates and lets you set if it links to individual images or html files containing the images... you don't have to link to images.

You can set how many rows and columns the gallery can have OR set the number in the template itself by placing certain arles-relevant tags into the template.
    One thing I wanted to add... you can link to any page you like from the thumbnails with custom linking options.

Xstr8guy
    Btw, these pages were generated by Arles...
    http://www.uknakedmen.com/videos.html
    http://www.uknakedmen.com/themen.html

I have other examples if you'd like to see more.