Thread: Visual Organize and Reorganize of Files

Jeff&Deaw

Visual Organize and Reorganize of Files

Hi All:

I thought is saw a post a while back on this subject but I can't find it.

I received a group of images from one of our shoots and i want to reorganize the order of the images visually and then rename them sequentially. Example i have Image01, Image02.... and i want to move Image02 to the front. Using Windows Explorer I can drag and drop the image to the right place. Then i was going to use eyebatch to rename the newly organized file using a sequential naming system for tracking.

My problem is that if i close the folder all the images go back to the order of the file name. If i leave the folder open and open eyebatch it too uses the original order of files.

I need to place the files in the correct order for upload to our CMS software. To try and manage the reorganization through the CMS is just too time consuming.

Does anybody know of a way i can accomplish this task with some software that would allow me to drag and drop to the correct order and then rename using a specified naming scheme like xxxxaw1001, xxxxaw1001.

Trying to figure out how to avoid having to rename the files individually?

Sorry for the long post.

Many thanks.

Jeff

Jeff&Deaw
    I just figure out how to do it in Explore using the rename function on all the files prior to closing the folder.... duh

But if anybody has got a better faster way always willing to learn!

Jeff