Thread: Link List & AVS Tips?

maxpower

Link List & AVS Tips?

I was just thinking that we do not really get much information from LL owners about what they “really” want. We have all seen endless lists of rules some LL have, but that not what I am talking about here. I am more interested in finding out at the end of the day what puts a smile on their face, when they see your link submissions. These are just a few questions that come to mind, but anyone that works with our owns a LL/AVS fill free to PM me about something I might have forgot, or just say it publicly if you think that is best. I would really be interested because at the end of the day most of us try to make you happy.

How many site submissions do you like to get each day from a webmaster, or would you rather have them in larger groups a few times a week?

Do you really like your submissions to be alphabetized if sending 6-20 sites at a time?

Do you personally have other LL you like to be on the same index page with you, and do you have a favorite LOGO for your service?

I see some bitching about have to have more than 30+ or 50 pics in a site, I fully understand the LL wanting bigger sites, but what is the reasonable “ideal” number of images you like to see in a site 60? 80? 100? 200?

What days of the week and times do you like new summations?

What do you think other than rules you have listed on your site that can help make its easier for you to do your job?

Dzinerbear
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    How many site submissions do you like to get each day from a webmaster, or would you rather have them in larger groups a few times a week?
    I don't really care. Obviously it's not great for my traffic if you have 20 galleries in the day's 50 submissions. The traffic gets kind of tired of seeing your style, your sponsors etc. So I'd prefer you submit a few a day and spread them out over the week, 2-5 a day would be cool

Do you really like your submissions to be alphabetized if sending 6-20 sites at a time?
    No it makes no difference to me. I'd like a well-written description and title. Don't just paste your description into the title. I end up having to rewrite them. And frankly, if you become too much trouble and cause me too much work, I'll just start bypassing you. I don't have time, sorry.

Do you personally have other LL you like to be on the same index page with you, and do you have a favorite LOGO for your service?
    No, not really. I'd rather not see myself alongside 20 other buttons, I don't think it's as productive for anyone. But I don't have a rule about it.

I see some bitching about have to have more than 30+ or 50 pics in a site, I fully understand the LL wanting bigger sites, but what is the reasonable “ideal” number of images you like to see in a site 60? 80? 100? 200?
    I haven't gotten to a point where I really care all that much about numbers of pictures. I think picture quotas are the way that LL cut back when they're being inundated with submission. For instance, when I started The Pig, I would pretty much take any kind of gallery, then as I started getting better quality galleries and submissions and more FHGs, I cut back on the FHGs. Now I don't allow FHGs. I can submit FHGs myself and I don't need 40 copies of the same FHG in my directory.

I imagine when I LL owner starts getting too many submissions of 10-picture galleries, they start asking to 20 pictures. A certain amount of the 10-pic people will drop off and stop submitting, thus clearing up your submission problem. It takes a lot of time to approve galleries, so why spend time approve 100 mediocre when you can approve 50 good ones.

What days of the week and times do you like new summations?
    I don't care, I'm trying to do approvals every day.

What do you think other than rules you have listed on your site that can help make its easier for you to do your job?
    Write better titles and descriptions, don't just cut and paste the title into the description or visa versa. It might be easier for you, but it doesn't help me or SEO, and it makes your site unappealing.

Learn how to spell and proof read your writing.

Read the rules. I've had a no FHG policy for a week now and I'm still getting them.

Study some other free site galleries and try and improve your own. There's some pretty hideous stuff submitted to my site every day. I honestly don't know how some people make any money.

Realize that if a program is giving away content, then you're not the only one using it. If you take that content and create a fresh design, I'm more likely to approve it. If I see the same FHG submitted by 10 different webmasters, I just start hitting the reject button.

And realize that if Gay Gravy is paying $150 this Sunday, it means 4 gazillion webmasters are going to be submitting Gay Gravy galleries. Maybe it's a good time for you to push Sean Cody or Corbin Fisher, and not be 4 gazillion and one.

If you work hard to create a nice looking, unique gallery, I'll give you a [OINK! Pig Recommended] in bold to try and push you more traffic.

Don't use Boys First Time content to push Hairy Boyz. It's not appropriate. It results in pissed off surfers and chargebacks, and I won't approve the gallery.

I know I'm a small fish in the LL market, but I'm growing. These are just some of the things that I've observed and thought of along the way.

Michael