Thread: Are Choices For Affiliates A Good Thing?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Are Choices For Affiliates A Good Thing?

So ive been looking at ways to generate more revenues for affiliates on Condom Cash in the new year and one of the options im considering if offering multiple processors with multiple linking codes.

However, im wondering if offering affiliates a range of choices is really as good of a deal as it sounds?

For example, lets say that 100 affiliates next year decide they want to use Verotel as their processor of the paysites, what then happens if Verotel goes out of business?

Sure, the other 900+ affiliates will be fine using CCBill and Epoch but then there are 100 that quite frankly, would have decided to make the wrong choice in processor, should the affiliate program be liable for those losses on the processors level because the option was there for the affiliate, or should the affiliate learn from their decision and eat the losses?

Was just wondering what you folks thought about this specific question, in addition to offering affiliates more choices in general, are there some decisions that affiliates simply shouldnt be able to make when it comes to the programs they join and sites they promote?

Your thoughts?

Regards,

Lee

depends on what the choices given are. i'm not going to go add verotel because someone asks me to unless they're quite a traffic sender, but i have definitely not signed up to promote sites before based soley on price and having multiple tours can be handy for those of us who market tours based partly on appearance.

How long have you been gay?
    I would never let an affiliate control where I process transactions. That is just too important to give over to affiliates to decide. You have to consider transaction counts vs chargeback counts to keep your % where they need to be. Get upside down in that and you could lose your ability to process anywhere.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Quote Originally Posted by Becky View Post
    I would never let an affiliate control where I process transactions. That is just too important to give over to affiliates to decide.
    Becky im in total agreement with you, and as i say, offering affiliates more control than they can actually handle can be a bad thing, not just on the chargeback front like you mentioned but also in the monetary front.

Processors are becoming more and more unstable across the board and whilst a few of them do stick out as being more stable than others, i think we're going to start seeing a major shift in billing practices in the next couple of years.

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Speaking of the monetary front, having more volume can get you a better processing rate. That won't be available to you if you allow wms to use different processors.