Thread: TGP Descriptions

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend

TGP Descriptions

PrideBucks needs to add some descriptions for our hosted galleries.

What is the going rate for creating TGP descriptions, per gallery?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Joe,

Its around $0.08-$0.12 per word i think, Patti would have a better idea as this is something she does, you might want to shoot her a PM

Regards,

Lee

dont be jealous becuase i'm beautiful, be jealous because i just fucked your boyfriend
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Joe,

Its around $0.08-$0.12 per word i think, Patti would have a better idea as this is something she does, you might want to shoot her a PM

Regards,

Lee
    If it's per word, then what is the suggested average tgp descrption these days? Are there any banned words that should be avoided other than the obvious?

Shooting patti a pm now.

i've seen descriptions going for anywhere from 8 to 20 cents but usually the people who write descriptions for those prices are either not english speakers or don't know any specific markts.

i haven't done descriptions for ages for two reasons:

1. i'd have to write around 50 - 60 descriptions per hour to make my regular hourly rate. since i actually look at the gallery, and maybe click a pic, and try and think of what is unique about that gallery, it is very rare to be able to do 1 per minute. i don't want to write completely generic descriptions - when possible, i want to actually describe the gallery and/or reflect the site.

2. it's mind numbing work to write 1000 descriptions. you find yourself writing doubles, and you have to check for them afterward. and considering the low pay... well, why bother?

gallery descriptions can make almost as much difference in how a gallery sells as the gallery itself but since no one wants to spend much money on those descriptions, i wonder why they don't just hire a college student at minimum wage and put 'em to work.

there is another board or two where you can find description writers...