Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: presents getting smaller and smaller...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I love technology and new things that come out. My boyfriend loves technology even more and buys everything in sight . I got him a new Micorsoft Zune for Christmas even though he already has 2 Ipod . He wanted a Zune because he can download videos to it and take it to the gym and watch tv programs etc. Pretty cool stuff.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

Paco
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Man, you really are militant about hating on Ipods. What's the deal?
    I'll start by offering an apology for offending, or if I have offended, you on your choice of player - not my intention. Merely my opinion based on facts and experiences.

Okay. Their mentality or "way" reminds me of that of Sony's: way over priced & extremely over rated - class ‘b’-‘c’ crap listed as being class ‘a’.
    Next, most do agree that their popularity was only gained through marketing (cool commercials, in all the music videos etc). It definitely was and is not popular because of something real like … it being a truly outstanding device (referring to its functionality, not the freakish phenomenon).

Next, I've actually owned two of them. The first (1st generation - yes, I too got suck in) broke very quickly, and I was hosed on the warranty. I did right it off using the 1st generation excuse, however, the second (yup - my bad) lacked so many features compared to the other MP3 players out, which were cheaper ... and offered way more control. I gave this one to my sister (whom happens to think it is the hardest electronic devices th@ she's ever used, and asked to trade it with mine).

What truly spurred my vigilance was their very suck ass support for my 1st. I am very honest so I have no issues admitting th@ I am a huge pinhead for buying a second! Next, being feed the lame-ass excuse that " ...you are using it in condition which the device was never intended to be used in." is a huge load of bullshit. So ... exactly whereTF on the box did/does it clearly state "this device is not intended for outdoor use during winter - in temps below minus 10)? Nowhere, th@'s where! Oh, I am supposed to buy the junk first and LATER find out its place of use!
    If they listed the special conditions on the box, I would never have purchased (and you'd not be reading this)!!! Nevertheless, they didn’t --- why kill potential sales, huh (a defence many feel is just or a good enough reason to use on me because I am in marketing *holding up hand* puh_leez!).
    Sure, my current player did not make mention on the outside of the box. I am guessing that is because it WORKS!
    Now to the fact that they are truly not worthy of the prices they command nor the “stature” (?)!
    To me, it is the Paris Hilton (the “singer”) of MP3 players.

My current player allows me to add to it what ever I want without any questions, AND I did not have to install any software. I go to any computer, mine or not, so long as it has USB (1.0 & higher) and place whatever file type I want on it (doubles as storage). I use my memory from my camera to increase capacity. I organize, while bop bop bopping away, my play list, with ease - it is simply a removable device that does what I paid it to do. WORK, cold or not. DRM or not!

People always get upset with those that move against the grain because they think it's some anti-trend (whatever) conspiracy. My "movement" contains much more meat and potatoes than mere hate - I actually have valid reasons for passion against the trend.
    I wouldn't be ranting if they simply gave me what I paid for or better yet, were honest about its frailty (which means they'd have made something worthy of its reputation).

I am also not pleased with the ipudding of the interweb.
    Podcasts??? Puh_leez … WF'ing kinda crap is th@!
    Th@ is like changing the genre/title pop music or Top40 to ParisCast (or something equally retarded).

I am by no means a luddite. Nor am I an old man that hates thing new (change). I simply hate it when a Pinto is labelled as and sold as a Ferrari. I love shiny new toys. I am about to go and buy my second digital camera this year! One that cleary states I CAN use it when playing in snow and the cold. One that is honest about its faults (can not do this while do that). One that is popular by design and function, not by mere advertising campaigns and exposure on the likes of MuchMusic & MTV.

This Anti-pod'ist (that'd be me) was created or is merely the by-product of the Apple Corp.’s (more so iPod division) inability to be truthful about the device!

However, that does not mean I no longer love Mac computers. After all, I am a realist.

Well, I'm a big Apple guy. I hate PCs and Windows, I love Mac OSX, I have three iPods, and for your information, my own Podcast is presently sitting at #37 on the Apple iPod Chart in the "Recreation" category.

My podcast, The Motorcycle Diary, is made up of videos I shoot while I'm riding with the gay bikers of SoCal. Sorry, but Microsoft certianly didn't think of a way for me to shoot my own mini documentaries and introduce myself to the world, and if they did, I bet their way of delivering it would infect everyone's computers with spyware and viruses while bombarding them with MSNBC and AOL advertizing.

I don't have a TV, so I buy episodes of the two TV shows I want to watch (Prison Break and the Jon Stewart Show) and watch them on my iPod when it's convienient.

I'm sure it would be frustrating to buy something that woudln't work in subzero temperatures if you like subzero temperatures. Just as it would be frustraing to buy something that's not water-proof if you like to surf.

But living in LA and riding a motorcycle for recreation is perfect for iPod use. And they're still better than those annoying Zune things.
    Jasun Mark. Crass of the Titans.

Paco
    ^ A sincere congrats, Jasun, for The Motorcycle Diary placement. I look forward to checking 'em out.

If iPods are not meant to work in sub-zero climates, I have no issues with that, however they should not be shipped to loacations which experience that temp, constantly! Most say it's half our year.
    Or better yet, sell it to us @ half price, says the :king: of :goof:

Or maybe label it as an indoor ONLY device.

Or maybe list the months & temp the warranty is valid.

Not trying to be rude, or a troll - I am just being logical.

Damn guys....its a thread about presents getting smaller and smaller...

I'm reading it now thinking...my hard drive's bigger than your hard drive (or smaller, or shinier, or whatever)

So how was the war in the middle east started????

My religion is better than your religion??

Yeah I know I shouldn't have butted in, but my sales are fine, dinner is in the slowcooker and my 18 projects on my to do list have dates between now and January 3rd, so I had time to butt in on something I know nothing about [and I'm a cheeky 'lil Brit who pokes his nose in where its not wanted on more than one occasion in a year]....sue me!

:king: of poop!

Domain inventory sale.

Paco
    I'll take the blame!

As a form of punishment I am going to shave my chest and pits, as well I am going to stop myself from posting her for the next two-weeks, while I force myself to roll around on some frozen wasteland.

I was actually supplying a reply to question which was laid to me -sorry if the :argue: upset anybody.

Leaving sticky stuff on yer pant leg.
    ~:paco:

Playing in the yellow snow can be fun...ok I'm done...I'm taking the dogs for a hike
    Domain inventory sale.

Clark
    And they are getting easier to hide too! And it's a good thing smaller gifts are more accepted. I'm getting my darling a "Dick-in-a-box"...

iPods have less features and cost more. their sound is good but not as good as several others on the market.

the thing iPod does best is branding - and almost everyone in the known universe could learn from them on that! they all but cut out the competition for new users, many of whom don't know that there are other mp3 players.