Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How Have No Console Links Affected PPS Sponsors Revenue?

Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    The simple fact is, we all know consoles work, if they didnt, they wouldnt be so rife in the industry, im wondering how well they actually work these days though with the inception of SP2 and following updates.

Regards,

Lee
    Well as someone who is actively on a tremendous amount of sites on a daily basis, probably a lot more than an actual surfer would be, I can tell you it's quite rare for popups to actually "work" on my computer and I'm not even using the higher security default settings.

Given that most pc users don't know how to even adjust the advance settings, they're probably seeing even less of them than I am.

GayGravy-JJ
    The simple fact is, we all know consoles work, if they didnt, they wouldnt be so rife in the industry, im wondering how well they actually work these days though with the inception of SP2 and following updates.

Regards,

Lee
    This is precisely the reason that factoring consoles into your model at all is a mistake when crunching the numbers. Maybe 1%..With like 30% of surfers using firefox these days you cant count on them. If the pops arent blocked by firefox or IE or yahoo toolbar or google toolbar..or..on and on.
    Like i said pop revenue is negligible these days.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Well, even despite SP2 there are still a slew of sponsors that do pop consoles on every surfer, whether they have SP2 install or other types of pop-up blockers, there has to be a reason they keep finding ways around these console blockers, could it be because they are still profitable?

I mean, if they werent, they wouldnt be popping them in the first place $0.02

Regards,

Lee

How long have you been gay?
    Well, even despite SP2 there are still a slew of sponsors that do pop consoles on every surfer, whether they have SP2 install or other types of pop-up blockers, there has to be a reason they keep finding ways around these console blockers, could it be because they are still profitable?

I mean, if they werent, they wouldnt be popping them in the first place $0.02

Regards,

Lee
    Unless of course they didn't want to drop the payout amount they give affiliates. Some programs probably see their own doom in dropping payouts.

I got rid of consoles because they were too difficult to pop and the amount of traffic and revenue they generated was on a steady decline. So, I just removed them and adjusted payouts accordingly. I would much rather focus on giving members a great experience both outside and inside the paysite than trying to figure out how to keep up with blockers