Thread: Wide Screen Flat Panel Monitor Settings??

babymaker

I Wonder? Wide Screen Flat Panel Monitor Settings??

I have a new system with a 19" wide screen flat panel and damn it's burning my eyes and i also changed the resolution from the recomended 1440x900 which was just too damn much for most sites, to the acceptable they say 1280x960, but i notice certain reds esspecially are really fucking bright and my eyes are strained after minutes, and html fonts some times look like total shit ....anyone have any tips, tommorow i will read the manual and mess around more, but if you have been using one of these for awhile and have some tips on good settings let me know :humble:

davespeedoevans
    I'm using my new 42" LCD as my monitor - I find the reds and greens are really bright.

I've played with the brightness settings on the computer display settings (right click on your background/properties/settings/advanced/color. My next step will be to play with the brightness settings on the LCD.

babymaker
    Quote Originally Posted by davespeedoevans View Post
    I'm using my new 42" LCD as my monitor - I find the reds and greens are really bright.

I've played with the brightness settings on the computer display settings (right click on your background/properties/settings/advanced/color. My next step will be to play with the brightness settings on the LCD.
    :thumbsup: i will try that too, have been messing around mostly using old system still til i have things set up right....the red really is bright on mine at least....just burns...

Xstr8guy
    I just got a new 22" LCD and my eyes are fried after 2 hours of work. It is so gosh darn bright. I've tried adjusting the settings on my graphics card and the monitor itself but I haven't been able to come up with a good compromise of clarity and brightness. I think I'll just go back to my 19".

Btw babymaker, you really shouldn't change the resolution settings of your monitor. You should only use it at the native resolution of the monitor (check the box or manual). Displaying at anything other than the native resolution will cause image distortion, blurring, etc.

Xstr8guy, my monitors display 800x600 and 1024x768 without any changes, distortion or issues.

babymaker
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I just got a new 22" LCD and my eyes are fried after 2 hours of work. It is so gosh darn bright. I've tried adjusting the settings on my graphics card and the monitor itself but I haven't been able to come up with a good compromise of clarity and brightness. I think I'll just go back to my 19".

Btw babymaker, you really shouldn't change the resolution settings of your monitor. You should only use it at the native resolution of the monitor (check the box or manual). Displaying at anything other than the native resolution will cause image distortion, blurring, etc.
    thanx my eyes too wow like 2 hours and they were red! It says in manual that 1440x900 is best but has all other settings with a frequency change in windows so it should be ok to set at anything it says if 1440 is not available which it is, but i dont like it to use 1280x960 which is better, now i just have to work on the red and overall brightness, i remember seeing a post about a screen cover of some kind that fixed this.....i will figure it out when i get back tuesday happy holidays