Thread: Anyones sales picked up again today?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    samebb

Anyones sales picked up again today?

I had a 40% ish drop in sales over the last 2 days, but today they picked up again back to normal.

I think this may be because people have finished work for xmas but just sitting at home bored.

Anyone else seeing the same ?

Gay Marriage - It's our Pearl Harbor. Ben's Avatar
    Nope.

Traffic's there, sales AWOL. And not just the past few days but whole Dec

babymaker
    been great until today i was surprise its been so good, sales have been slowing a bit last few days but not bad but now i see a dead net ...icq all offline emails even spam are old ..time to go have fun i guess :thumbsup:

glowlite
    Quote Originally Posted by Ben View Post
    Nope.

Traffic's there, sales AWOL. And not just the past few days but whole Dec
    The opposite for me the past 48hrs. Traffic is down, but conversion is up. Overall December has been quite good. The 'side sales' of DVD's has been excellent. For gifts maybe? I dunno .......

marcjacob
    I guess people arnt buying gifts online now. Sadly they probably are and will complain when they dont get the gift delivered by Christmas Day (you work in a call centre - you see it ALL!)

Dzinerbear
    Yep, up a little bit today.

Michael

this week has been our worst week since our site opened. hopefully things will pick up this evening or weekend...

davespeedoevans
    December has been pretty good for me - yesterday was an above average day for me.

My mainstream stuff has stalled completely though in the last couple of days - I'm assuming people aren't online shopping this close to Xmas.

Have a good Xmas guys.

marcjacob
    Ive seen better sales past 48 hours. I came to the same conclusion. I am surprised that sales have dropped on trial sponsors, i mean surely they can afford a few dollars right?

maxpower
    All this Xmas sales stuff got me thinking, I know not many around here may have been doing this for a living on 911 but OMG you think Xmas sucked that was the worsted sales period I have ever seen. I know its bad to think about sales when such tragedies happen, and not sure I would be talking about if it was not some time ago, but I am a Webmaster first and foremost and thank god I have never seen anything like that again.

bakdoor
    December has been a rollercoaster ride. Way up 1 day then NOTHING then way up again! This year, in general, has been down quite a bit from previous years.
    Tom

pocoloco78
    The first two weeks of December were just great! The past week was terrible... and now I am seeing a bit more sales again.

It goes up and down.

sales surely did disppear after 911, and our server was in new york at the time. after a few days, they ran out of gas for the generators and we spent half a day down.

still, i'm a person before i'm a webmaster so i felt a few days of bad sales was greatly overshadowed by the loss of life, damage to the city and loss of safety experienced by the people of our country.

maxpower
    I know what you are saying and I would have not even brought it up if it was not so long ago. But Damn it was really scary as I remember, not only did we have to worry about everyone in NY and all across the country, and not only did sales stop COMPLETELY, but even traffic was at a stand still. I really do not think we will ever see anything like that again, at least I hope so

Its not like we do a “normal” job things like this really hurt us as far as income more than about anyone. As I recall it was not just a few days though, I think it was a few days before traffic came back, but even then it took weeks before sales came all the way back.

I even remember putting up some kind of statement on my main hub, for the families of the people killed and to say we would hunt Bin Laden down what ever it took, guess that still has not worked out, but at the time I and really everyone else did not know that.

All this said I have to be a Webmaster first sometimes, or I will be a homeless person

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    sales surely did disppear after 911, and our server was in new york at the time. after a few days, they ran out of gas for the generators and we spent half a day down.

still, i'm a person before i'm a webmaster so i felt a few days of bad sales was greatly overshadowed by the loss of life, damage to the city and loss of safety experienced by the people of our country.