Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Anyones sales picked up again today?

maxpower
    All this Xmas sales stuff got me thinking, I know not many around here may have been doing this for a living on 911 but OMG you think Xmas sucked that was the worsted sales period I have ever seen. I know its bad to think about sales when such tragedies happen, and not sure I would be talking about if it was not some time ago, but I am a Webmaster first and foremost and thank god I have never seen anything like that again.

bakdoor
    December has been a rollercoaster ride. Way up 1 day then NOTHING then way up again! This year, in general, has been down quite a bit from previous years.
    Tom

pocoloco78
    The first two weeks of December were just great! The past week was terrible... and now I am seeing a bit more sales again.

It goes up and down.

sales surely did disppear after 911, and our server was in new york at the time. after a few days, they ran out of gas for the generators and we spent half a day down.

still, i'm a person before i'm a webmaster so i felt a few days of bad sales was greatly overshadowed by the loss of life, damage to the city and loss of safety experienced by the people of our country.

maxpower
    I know what you are saying and I would have not even brought it up if it was not so long ago. But Damn it was really scary as I remember, not only did we have to worry about everyone in NY and all across the country, and not only did sales stop COMPLETELY, but even traffic was at a stand still. I really do not think we will ever see anything like that again, at least I hope so

Its not like we do a “normal” job things like this really hurt us as far as income more than about anyone. As I recall it was not just a few days though, I think it was a few days before traffic came back, but even then it took weeks before sales came all the way back.

I even remember putting up some kind of statement on my main hub, for the families of the people killed and to say we would hunt Bin Laden down what ever it took, guess that still has not worked out, but at the time I and really everyone else did not know that.

All this said I have to be a Webmaster first sometimes, or I will be a homeless person

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    sales surely did disppear after 911, and our server was in new york at the time. after a few days, they ran out of gas for the generators and we spent half a day down.

still, i'm a person before i'm a webmaster so i felt a few days of bad sales was greatly overshadowed by the loss of life, damage to the city and loss of safety experienced by the people of our country.

just make sure that half your sales are revshare - as long as we have our rebills, we can afford to spend a few days of mourning and loss of sales when something like katrina or 911 happens.

GayGravy-JJ
    Up and down a bit this month. But good overall.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    just make sure that half your sales are revshare - as long as we have our rebills, we can afford to spend a few days of mourning and loss of sales when something like katrina or 911 happens.
    That’s very true at the time all my sales came from PPS, and it was a nightmare. I really do understand why most people only deal with PPS even now days, hell even with some of the best sites in the world sometimes its hard to build up your rebill’s. But I had to learn the hard way to diversify the sites and types of programs I promote. I would really suggest everyone send at least 20%-30% of their traffic to a partnership program, and not just trust the PPS’s to keep you going, because you would not believe how fast things can change. Now if your looking at this stuff as a hobby then using 100% PPS is fine, but if your doing this for a living partnership program are as close to insurance as we get.

Don’t really think katrina was that big of a deal as far as sales nothing like 911 at all, maybe a few bad days but gave me a chance to open my Hood Looting Homeboys site (yea I know I am not PC, but some of this is art and I do like to express myself sometimes) before you get to bent out of shape I also opened a Mardi Gras site before this one that is still collecting donations for the Red Cross today. :joker: