Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I need your guys help.

WegCash Robert

WTF? I need your guys help.

I was wondering if anyone could check out

www.gaysexresort.com and www.gaysolos.com and tell me what you think. Don't hold back and let me know what you would change or what you think would do better. As most of you guys know I started out working in VOD and I want to make sure that I am doing a good job with the new biz model that I have. Please list anything that you would change or you think would make our sites better.

Thanks!!

Robert

Xstr8guy
    I really like the idea of gayresortsex.com but those models need to get to the tanning salon... STAT! Nothing about them says they have ever been in the sun. And the guy on the left in the pic below has "grandma" hips. Eeeew! Get some tan guys on that tour and I bet it converts better.

WegCash Robert

Lol

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    I really like the idea of gayresortsex.com but those models need to get to the tanning salon... STAT! Nothing about them says they have ever been in the sun. And the guy on the left in the pic below has "grandma" hips. Eeeew! Get some tan guys on that tour and I bet it converts better.

I totally agree! Thank you

since you ask...

the tour is attractive but has a rather generic feel to it. also something i noticed when i first saw the tour - we can't see enough of the resort. since that is the theme that sets the site apart, it might be nice to let us see it. perhaps a reality style tour? of course, the big catch inside the member area is there is never one single other person in the backgrounds - no one walking around, sunning or doing anything else like that. in a real resort, even in an off season, you'd have background people.

also keep in mind that you are pretty much going to miss out on all guys on 800x600, a slower computer or anyone on slow dsl or dialup, so you're going to see less sales. we still see 15% 800x600 plus i hear from a lot of our members who find our 1699k videos too big for their computers or connections...

WegCash Robert

Hey

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    since you ask...

the tour is attractive but has a rather generic feel to it. also something i noticed when i first saw the tour - we can't see enough of the resort. since that is the theme that sets the site apart, it might be nice to let us see it. perhaps a reality style tour? of course, the big catch inside the member area is there is never one single other person in the backgrounds - no one walking around, sunning or doing anything else like that. in a real resort, even in an off season, you'd have background people.

also keep in mind that you are pretty much going to miss out on all guys on 800x600, a slower computer or anyone on slow dsl or dialup, so you're going to see less sales. we still see 15% 800x600 plus i hear from a lot of our members who find our 1699k videos too big for their computers or connections...

Thank you very much!! I appreciate this guys. I am taking notes from everyone. I am trying to make our sites as nice as possible. Thank you for all your help!

Robert

Chadster

Good Colors/Too much blinking

I definitely like the colors and the graphics. I agree about the guys being tan.

One thing that really annoyed me was the constant blinking, I found it very distracting -- other than that nice job :donmike:

marcjacob
    Could you not have a tour for 800x600 aswell? You can detect the users browser size. It would be a shame to loose the big page as i like that alot and there arnt too many sites catering for the majority screen size.

WegCash Robert
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Could you not have a tour for 800x600 aswell? You can detect the users browser size. It would be a shame to loose the big page as i like that alot and there arnt too many sites catering for the majority screen size.
    Hey good idea! I will put that in my notes.

Thanks!!

maxpower
    Well being a Str8 Company not sure I can help you too much, but I do agree with what Bass said. I will also add that I think your lawyer did a really good job on creating the tour for this site :thumbsup:

When it comes to exploring the sea of love, I prefer buoys. SPACE GLIDER's Avatar
    Well I'd have the "tour" to look just like a real resort tour complete with great pool, condo and restaurant views and just situate the models within the scenery. You can keep the close-ups of the sex action, but get some wider shots of the place they're having the sex if it's possible. Take a look at the sites for real resorts and just imagine some guys doing the dirty in the interior shots they display.

If you can get away with doing a good panoramic shot of the entire "fictional" resort that would be cool too.

Dzinerbear
    I don't know that I would bother with smaller resolution designs. This is a high-def site. Anyone who has the internet connection to deal with high-def, probably also has their screen resolution set to 1024 or higher. So many people have larger monitors now, I wouldn't baby the people who don't. The wider design, the high-def movies, the original content ... they're all good selling features. I love the wide design, it really fills up my screen.

Michael

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Dzinerbear View Post
    I don't know that I would bother with smaller resolution designs. This is a high-def site. Anyone who has the internet connection to deal with high-def, probably also has their screen resolution set to 1024 or higher. So many people have larger monitors now, I wouldn't baby the people who don't. The wider design, the high-def movies, the original content ... they're all good selling features. I love the wide design, it really fills up my screen.

Michael
    Ditto! Who views at 800x600 these days? Some guy with a Packard Bell 13" monitor? Don't bother.

well, over 15% of my users. and considering they have a 512k quicktime vid for each video as well as an HD vid, seems like they're trying to straddle the line a little.

also 20 to 25% of the people who join our site use our dialup clips, which are admittedly better than many sites' dialup clips but are still only 120k.

Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    Ditto! Who views at 800x600 these days? Some guy with a Packard Bell 13" monitor? Don't bother.

WegCash Robert

Thanks again

This is all good information. I appreciate it all.

Thanks you guys!!

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    well, over 15% of my users. and considering they have a 512k quicktime vid for each video as well as an HD vid, seems like they're trying to straddle the line a little.

also 20 to 25% of the people who join our site use our dialup clips, which are admittedly better than many sites' dialup clips but are still only 120k.
    Lol. Somehow I knew you'd disagree with me.
    I just don't see a lot of value in trying to cater to every single surfer in the world.

Oh but you'll lose those .00002% of surfers using Navigator 1.0 on their Linux machine with an Intel 486 33MHz processor, 9600bps modem and 9" monochrome monitor.

Good! They are too much trouble anyways. I'll try to cater to the surfers that have a little more expendable income.