Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: My farewell post...

sebslopro

:0)

Thanks for the mention Goldie. :vanish: :pharoah: :toff: :beauty: :beauty:

You hav taught me a lot about the industry. Atleast you taught me more about the webmaster side of things. And what you taught me, I've taken and grown from it.

This industry is very competitive from what I have learned in the short year and a half of owning my company. I'm not about the competition, everyone has their one uniqueness and everyone reaches the consumers differently. So when you really think about it, there's not much competition because everyone offers different things.

I'll cover in the blanks for you... I personally don't believe that anyone should push traffic, sales, whatever to XonDemand. I think we should let them rot. I have found out that XonDemand is one of those companies that gives no shits about others and they only care about what's in it for them. I brought 4 studios to you Goldie, and you got them signed up with XoD. I in a sense regret that. I didn't know Xondemand was this scandelous until you spoke to me the day they let you go. Shortly after that I was finding out more and more from other studios. They fuck with their studios. Oh well, I'm done bitching. I just don't foresee them making it any further.

xoxoxoxoxo,
    JJ / Sebastian Sloane

Daddy Oohhh! Productions dr dick's Avatar

bummer, marc!

that so sucks, goldie! as you know, i never much like the xondemad folks. the only reason i continued to do business there was YOU! well, so much for that. will you please stay in touch? your're a good man and i know you will land on your feet. perhaps, you'd like to revive your blog on our queer4u site once redesign and redevelopment is finished.

dr dick

CamCruise
    Goldie,

I am so sorry to hear about this!!
    Anyone that does not have the balls to let you go face to face are full of:bullcrap: :bullcrap:

Something even better will come along when things like this happen.

Good luck and let us know where you land!!

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men? IntenseCash.com's Avatar
    I had to post in this thread again. I just can't believe companies would treat their employees so horrible. It is really a pet peeve of mine. I have seen this time and time again. From our designer who used to be paid crappy and treated like shit, we took him onboard and treat him like gold. Same thing with our photographer Brian his x boss was a real dick. Brian's brother got murdered last year and his boss offered no compassion for him at all I couldn't stand it and offered to hire him full time and keep him busy. He has been working with us for over a year and hasn't looked back. I'm really sorry about the way XOnDemand treated you it really says alot about them as a company.

Mark
    * IntenseCash.com - If you can't convert us you better look for a new job!

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar
    Goldie,

Sorry to hear about what happened. We'll take serious look at XonDemand and review our contract with them.

Best of luck....just keep looking forward and don't look back.

Bill

CorbinFisher.com CorbinFisher_BD's Avatar
    Sorry to hear about the layoff, as well. It's never fun to have that happen, especially in such a manner.

Best of luck in whatever else you do and I hope you find something soon!

Also, definitely be careful about what you say about a former employer. Oftentimes, employees sign contracts and other documents when hired regarding confidentiality and discretion upon departure and the like, so regardless of whatever might be going on with XonDemand and as unpleasant your departure from there might have been, it's always a good idea to watch what ya say and make sure you're not setting yourself for more misery from that company down the line, even as a former employee. Not trying to be a party pooper or anything. Just that you've always been such a nice person on this board and I'd hate to see anything bad happen.

CorbinFisher's Amateur College Men

Goldie
    Quote Originally Posted by CorbinFisher_BD View Post
    Sorry to hear about the layoff, as well. It's never fun to have that happen, especially in such a manner.

Best of luck in whatever else you do and I hope you find something soon!

Also, definitely be careful about what you say about a former employer. Oftentimes, employees sign contracts and other documents when hired regarding confidentiality and discretion upon departure and the like, so regardless of whatever might be going on with XonDemand and as unpleasant your departure from there might have been, it's always a good idea to watch what ya say and make sure you're not setting yourself for more misery from that company down the line, even as a former employee. Not trying to be a party pooper or anything. Just that you've always been such a nice person on this board and I'd hate to see anything bad happen.

Thanks, and I agree with you which is why I bit my tongue for the most part and didn't really say much about XonDemand aside from the details regarding the situation of my departure. But on that topic, would anything I may have signed be void now anyway, since they let me go? I mean I didn't quit, I was told to leave, so should I be forced to follow confidentialty agreements in that situation anyway? I honestly don't even remember if I signed anything aside from a non-compete clause, which I do know is not applicable since again, I didn't quit.

But they do not have to worry, I am not planning on going overboard to take them down. What others decide to do with their content or business relationship is up to them entirely. Like I said in my first post, I really only made this topic so I could say a proper farewell to all the people I worked with out of respect to them, since I could no longer e-mail everyone from my XonDemand account. I didn't expect all the bashing of XonDemand, but as others said, if that is how they treat their employees... well you can fill in the blanks...

Anyway, once again, thanks to everyone who has had something nice to say about me if I worked with you or not. It is nice to be appreciated for the work I did in this industry by all of you. And who knows, maybe I'll be back working in this business again and this won't be good bye, just see ya later!

Marc

Dzinerbear
    You'll have to read your agreement carefully, but generally speaking confidentiality means forever, not just while your employed there. Remember the whole ccbill / epoch thing, a part of why they were suing because one compnay was concerned the other was going to be learning about their secrets.

And you'll want to read it carefully again now, I was surprised after I left my last job to learn that I had an exit clause that contained certained conditions about what I could and couldn't do for a year after my departure. So before you jump into a job with another company you may want to check to see what your agreement says.

A lawyer I spoke to said those exit clauses are basically unenforceable. An employer can't prevent you from earning a living. But they're bigger than you, so they could tie you up in litigation and make it expensive for you.

Michael

babymaker
    Don't these bastards have boardtracker , i am surprised they haven't at least sent some shitbag spamaholic rep to give their side of the story just too funny really.....sorry they got you like that even tho i don't know you yet

Madame0120
    Hells Bells! How RUDE! Chins up Goldie darlin' ... noone deserves that kind of treatment! But I wanted you to know that your former employer isn't the only asshat when it comes to firing ...
    :hmm:

http://www.madameknows.com/2006/08/3...shack-shafted/

I truly hope you don't leave the industry, we need more honest and kind folks like yourself to stick around. Anyway, I bet you learned enough these past few years, to make your own sites, and build your own businesses. Please know if there is anything our lil company can do, you need only ask.

VOD
    Hey Marc, I was reading and posting to boards when I came to this thread...

I enjoyed working with you over the phone and having you create press release’s for our affiliates ; I have never met you, but I thought you were a nice person...

I guess you feel your time at XoD was wasted, or you would have swallowed your pride and moved on... with-out bashing XoD....

after reading this post I have nothing more to say to you Marc, it appears that the next company that hires you should see what you have done and the bashing that you have done and make the right discussion based on your efforts...

I can represent XonDemand.com and write a statement in defense to your bashing, but I feel no need to..

you were let go for whatever reason, I’m not sure. But the bashing is not cool and opens you up to litigation... and reflects what kind of person you are...

VOD

Check It Out

fyi, this is Rob@XonDemand.com and I am the Affiliate manager for XonDemand.com

Paco
    Talk about low!

Goldie - at first I wanted to give my condolences, however your being released is a blessing in disguise, especially if XonDemand believes that THAT shitty tactic is how dedicated employees are to be rewarded or treated!

As for confidentiality agreements - they generally means shit! They are weapons of fear usually drafted by lowlifes to protect them from their dastardly deeds.
    Not sure about how they are regarded in the US, but in Canada many throw the agreement out because they encroach on a person's rights, whether or not there is a signature!

It's times and occurrences like this that make me ashamed of our industry!
    I do hope many support you by dropping them or not signing up with the so-called company.

Life is a dick and when it´s get hard---just fuck it... DEVELISH's Avatar
    Hi Goldie, sorry to hear that you where let go using the most inpersonal form of any means of communications on this subject: email.

A phonecall with a human on the other hand would have shown much more respect to the remote workers which were let go.

Quote Originally Posted by VOD View Post
    I guess you feel your time at XoD was wasted, or you would have swallowed your pride and moved on... with-out bashing XoD....
    I can imagine that you would also feel that your time is wasted when the next layoff-round is hitting the streets and an email would be send to you, wouldn't you? I would.

after reading this post I have nothing more to say to you Marc, it appears that the next company that hires you should see what you have done and the bashing that you have done and make the right discussion based on your efforts...

I can represent XonDemand.com and write a statement in defense to your bashing, but I feel no need to..
    Does a company as big as XonDemand.com really need to defent itself? If so, your boss could write an email to me and I'm more than happy to post it.

you were let go for whatever reason, I’m not sure. But the bashing is not cool and opens you up to litigation... and reflects what kind of person you are...
    Yeah it actually does reflect what a person Goldie is, also do the posts from the other people in this thread show a prospective new boss for Goldie how much he's worth - and how much that big and rich company is worth if it has to "threaten" ex-employees with ligitation....
    :-D

the queerest straight girl in the world...
    Quote Originally Posted by VOD View Post
    Hey Marc, I was reading and posting to boards when I came to this thread...

I enjoyed working with you over the phone and having you create press release’s for our affiliates ; I have never met you, but I thought you were a nice person...

Hi - I dont know you personally either, and I do think Goldie might have been a little foolish about speaking quite so much...

However - THERE IS NO WAY YOU CAN JUSTIFY FIRING SOMEONE VIA EMAIL. PERIOD. EVER. NO WAY. CANNOT. EVEN IF YOU FIRED HIM FOR SOMETHING HE DID.

That was just horrible and nasty and rather than admonisishing him, you should apologize for handling it in such a cold corporate manner.

I mean, we are in this business because we have chosen NOT to work for the type of corporate bastards who lay people off by email before the holidays and lock em out of thier sites.... and here you go acting like ya'll are Microsoft or IBM.

C'mon.... you guys should apologize for being - at the minimum - insensitive. If you dont want exiting employees to trash you - perhaps you should excercise a little bit of caution in how you treat em, hmmmm?