Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Living in a RV?

Randall Shamp
    Max do you already have a site? can you send the link to it id like to check it out if you do. If not let me know when your ready maybe we can help you out but setting your stuff up for you?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Randall Shamp View Post
    to me it sounds like a great way to do as long as you can overcome your logistical problems. Stop on by on your way
    Ya that could be another upside to doing this, I could really see some of my bigger affiliates, and other Indy people. I am still not sure really has to be cost effective and realistic, but could be something I would remember forever if I could pull it off.

maxpower
    Max do you already have a site? can you send the link to it id like to check it out if you do. If not let me know when your ready maybe we can help you out but setting your stuff up for you?
    Ya sure I will send you that now, really just waiting for paycom's affiliate program before I open it up for webmasters. Should be all working this month I hope anyway, and will have a another site to offer affiliates at the same time too.

Randall Shamp
    you said indy people. Im from indianapolis (indy) took me a sec i thought you just lived down the street for a sec .

We can set up the site so it has control pannels so that you can do all your own uploads but we would just help you out with the over all design look for it (saves you money )

maxpower
    you said indy people. Im from indianapolis (indy) took me a sec i thought you just lived down the street for a sec .

We can set up the site so it has control pannels so that you can do all your own uploads but we would just help you out with the over all design look for it (saves you money )
    Well I do all my own uploads now am going to be getting even more graphics work done soon, but think I might give my original design company the first shot with my promotional packages.

Randall Shamp
    No problem. I do like your site tho very nice. , resonable price, good content

maxpower
    No problem. I do like your site tho very nice. , resonable price, good content
    Thanks I appreciate that, many people have work very hard on creating that site :heart:

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    He shouldn't need different releases in any particular state. We have some language in our release that dates back to when a predecessor company to Gaybucks shot some content in North Carolina, where there are some interesting laws that require that the content have "educational and redeeming value," but I'm not sure that's even required any more.

Max, I think I'd go with Verizon or Sprint's nationwide cellular-based internet rather than try to mess with satellite. From what I've heard it's not very consistently reliable or very fast. And you can always find a Starbucks with a Tmobile hot spot and do your uploads that way.

As for the RV, go for one with a rear-mounted diesel engine. It will cost more, but will be able to tow a jeep, and the diesels are better on gas. The motorhomes that we rented when I worked in the touring entertainment business got 8 to 10 miles/gallon, and the onboard generator was pretty decent for providing power for laptops, though you'd definitely want fluorescent rather than incandescent lighting, as you'd never have enough power otherwise.

maxpower
    Thanks for the tips Chip, I need to rent one as well first, and I will think about/test that nationwide cellular-based internet. Why have you never done this before, I am sure their must be something wrong with this idea that I have not thought about. I know it would suck to live on one of those things anyplace cold I guess, but I have drive a really big Uhal and towed my jeep so its not like I can not do it. I wonder how much I can get one for a month, for something like that I could travel anyplace in the USA or even Canada to pick it up. I would think I could get a really good deal, but I do have to take care of a few things first as well as I need to learn more about even shooting content, and getting people to show up.

NO mater how I look at it, I need truly exclusive content, and to open many sites I need a huge amount of it.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    These are the folks we used years ago when I was in the entertainment business. They are a small independent RV dealer and rent RVs owned by private owners. Near as I can tell they don't hav a website, but 10+ years ago they had much better deals than the larger national RV rental places:

SAL Enterprises
    5000 Akron Cleveland Rd
    Hudson, OH 44236
    (330) 656-4014

RVs aren't cheap, a nice one is probably going to be $1000-2000/week plus mileage.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea; we've talked about it before, we just didn't have the time to take 4 or 6 weeks off to shoot content, and since we do mostly large shoots now, driving from place to place didn't make as much sense. But AJ just inherited a rather large RV from his grandfather, and so we've talked about the possibility of using it this summer for just such an endeavor.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by gaybucks_chip View Post
    These are the folks we used years ago when I was in the entertainment business. They are a small independent RV dealer and rent RVs owned by private owners. Near as I can tell they don't hav a website, but 10+ years ago they had much better deals than the larger national RV rental places:

SAL Enterprises
    5000 Akron Cleveland Rd
    Hudson, OH 44236
    (330) 656-4014

RVs aren't cheap, a nice one is probably going to be $1000-2000/week plus mileage.

I don't think there's anything wrong with the idea; we've talked about it before, we just didn't have the time to take 4 or 6 weeks off to shoot content, and since we do mostly large shoots now, driving from place to place didn't make as much sense. But AJ just inherited a rather large RV from his grandfather, and so we've talked about the possibility of using it this summer for just such an endeavor.
    Sorry to hear about AJ’s grandfather, its really cool that your thinking about doing this as well man, please keep me informed about anything you might learn on the way man. I think North America is a big place see no need to worry about sharing info. I will check out those guys in Ohio, I am all existed wanting to go NOW. :groovy: but this is a big idea I have to take it slow, could go very bad

Ya I can not really do the large shoots you do now I know that, and not sure you can do that kind of shoot too often using a model work area like a RV. I am going to be making amateur or reality content, anyway so might as well play it up. Its not like I can do much else, but think I can pull that off