Thread: Promo materials for our affiliates?

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar

Promo materials for our affiliates?

We're new at this members" thing and I'm trying to figure out what kind of promo materials our affiliates would like to have - for starters, we're working on some hi-rez photos, vid clips and write-ups - is there anything else that would be good to include as part of the package?

Any thoughts anyone? Please?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Banners and buttons would be a good start too

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Banners and buttons would be a good start too

Regards,

Lee
    I'm pretty sure tha goes without saying.

yeah, all the banners, buttons and such are done -

ok, we'll see how it goes down when we go up... or something like that

might want to setup about a dozen free hosted galleries and add to those as you release new material to the site.

thanks Bec - now what about that problem with XXXplicit ending up in areas we have no control over - ergo: 2257 issues - should we be building these promo photos for both end uses XXX and non?

Free hosted means you host the gallery and set up the code it needs on them to "see" an inbound link from an affiliate. That way you aren't handing out ID's with zipped up images for the webmaster to host the images himself. Bypasses all 2257 issues as far as the affiliate is concerned, you just keep records of what gallery has which model, etc.

OK, I think I'm getting the "picture" -

Since we're using our masters as source for everything, I'll make the pictures 1024x683 to match up with the same quality as our videos - or will this be too big for folks do you think Bec?

those will cost you money to serve as far as bandwidth goes. 800x600 is fine for fhg's.

that's what I like about you Patti, your always thinking about the bottom line!
    thanks

marcjacob
    Downloadable content. Many programs forget this. Alot of webmasters will build you sites using that content and send them to free and avs link lists.

I use that as my business model and im attracted to lower level sites that arnt all over the web. It works for me because my surfers know what to expect from your site.

Also 5 images dont cut it, we cant use them. Think about 15+.

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Downloadable content. Many programs forget this. Alot of webmasters will build you sites using that content and send them to free and avs link lists.

I use that as my business model and im attracted to lower level sites that arnt all over the web. It works for me because my surfers know what to expect from your site.

Also 5 images dont cut it, we cant use them. Think about 15+.
    I'm not so sure that programs forgot this at all. In light of presently enjoined portions of the new 2257 for FSC members, many programs may be opting not to offer content as a download because they no longer have any control over where the content is used, or what domain or url it is used on, which as I am sure you will remember, is a part of the new 2257 requirements of the content producer. FHG's take care of that as the images are all hosted on domains that the content producer has control and thus can specify all the URL's that all models are used in.....upon request by whatever inspector shows up on a moments notice.

All that being said... I'm just thinking that programs are opting more for safety and legality rather than convenience for the affiliate.

Homosexuals cannot biologically reproduce children; therefore, they must recruit our children. chubbs's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bec View Post
    Free hosted means you host the gallery and set up the code it needs on them to "see" an inbound link from an affiliate. That way you aren't handing out ID's with zipped up images for the webmaster to host the images himself. Bypasses all 2257 issues as far as the affiliate is concerned, you just keep records of what gallery has which model, etc.
    Please include a softcore thumb or 2 on each fhg for us tgp owners. Since we actually host the thumbs that are on the tgp's, tgp owners, from what I understand of the new regulations should either have all softcore thumbs or have the doc's on hand for all hardcore thumbs they have on the site. Otherwise they are non compliant. I may be wrong about this but as far as I know this is the "rule".

Hope this helps. --Chubbs

great suggestions guys and gals...

I'll deal with getting the promo materials wrapped up as soon as we get back from Las Vegas -

in the interim, you folks might want to check out what we've been up to for the past XXX months at www.barebackMasters.com
    Last edited by A_DeAngelo; 01-11-2007 at 09:39 AM. Reason: woops

robin
    Wow that looks slick Tony! Eagerly anticipating joining your affiliate program when it launches :pimp: