Thread: Combining Verotel & Epoch Sites?

maxpower

Combining Verotel & Epoch Sites?

I am doing a little house cleaning, and I am wondering if I can combine a existing Verotel site with Epoch? I need the Verotel site members password to still work, and if possible let my members from my Epoch site see this site as well. I remember some weird question about them not working with each other or something, is why I ask.

marcjacob
    Max, it wont make any difference. If your moving from Verotel to Epoch, just remove the Verotel sign up links but leave the Verotel Account running. Verotel Memebrs will rebill, and then get their passwords cut off when they quit.

If the two are using seperate scripts to add and remove users, i see no programing reason why their should be a conflict. No experience with this, just as a programer i cant see how the two should conflict.

Of course you have to leave the Verotel Script as it is, and make sure that epoch know your doing this so they dont change where your htaccess file is or anything else. They should have experience of working arround other processers set ups.

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    Max, it wont make any difference. If your moving from Verotel to Epoch, just remove the Verotel sign up links but leave the Verotel Account running. Verotel Memebrs will rebill, and then get their passwords cut off when they quit.

If the two are using seperate scripts to add and remove users, i see no programing reason why their should be a conflict. No experience with this, just as a programer i cant see how the two should conflict.

Of course you have to leave the Verotel Script as it is, and make sure that epoch know your doing this so they dont change where your htaccess file is or anything else. They should have experience of working arround other processers set ups.

Not sure I want to stop sending Verotel new sign-ups yet think they do work well with overseas affiliates, and have to have a working back-up. You have no idea how much LOL, the processors scare the hell out of me.

I remember their being some question about them working with each other, I know it should be easy BUT............................................... ....................

are you talking about giving members of a site using verotel and members of a site using epoch access to the other site? so each gets bonus site access to the other site?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    are you talking about giving members of a site using verotel and members of a site using epoch access to the other site? so each gets bonus site access to the other site?
    Ideally Yes, but I will take what I can get I guess :heart:

if you don't need to do it in realtime you can simply either copy the info off each .htpasswd file and put it on the other or add each one manually - at least through epoch.

perhaps your host or epoch can work something out. we had 5 sites using epoch and epoch arranged it so they shared the passwords, and that worked in realtime.

Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Ideally Yes, but I will take what I can get I guess :heart:

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    if you don't need to do it in realtime you can simply either copy the info off each .htpasswd file and put it on the other or add each one manually - at least through epoch.

perhaps your host or epoch can work something out. we had 5 sites using epoch and epoch arranged it so they shared the passwords, and that worked in realtime.

Thanks Bass, I was thinking for some reason their was a bigger problem with all this, I hate updating 2 sites and all the extra disk space is a waste. I am doing a big update on a older verotel site as a temporary fix for it, and so I can use it to offer another spin on my main members site.

I'd rather be whole, than good rand's Avatar
    Just be sure you aren't breaking any cross border acquiring rules.
    --Rand @ Epoch >dot< com
    My AdultWhosWho

Epoch - Since 1996

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by rand View Post
    Just be sure you aren't breaking any cross border acquiring rules.
    I some how knew this would not be that easy, what cross border acquiring rules? I really do not know what you are talking about man. I run both sites, I understand I need approval for a new site I guess, but other than that, not sure what issues you guys might have. :heart: :heart: :heart: