Thread: Decisions, Decisions...

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Decisions, Decisions...

Im currently weighing up a couple of business options on Condom Cash at the moment and really cant decide which route to take, as both come with benefits and downfalls.

Option 1...

Pay more to affiliates and give less support.

Option 2...

Pay less to affiliates and give more support.

Option 1 would enable me to raise payouts at the cost of support, in the hopes of attracting more affiliates with traffic looking to make more on the same traffic levels they have now by switching their traffic over to Condom Cash.

Option 2 would mean keeping things the way they are now payout wise but offering more support to existing affiliates to assist them converting their current traffic to the Condom Cash sites and hopefully building up a long-term working relationship with those same affiliates.

Out of the two options, which would you be more likely to choose and why?

Regards,

Lee

I think the obvious answer here is both LOL!!! Everyone wants more money and expects the best support and tools possible.

Maybe you should single out your best affiliates and offer them raised payouts and better support and let the others settle for normal payouts & support.

cheers,
    Luke

maxpower
    How about pay them more, and just tell them they are getting better support most will never use it anyway

How long have you been gay? Panky's Avatar
    I personally would opt for #2, providing a combination of the two is not an option.

Affiliates are the worker bees for a program and it is often more difficult for the affiliate to do their job if knowledgeable support is lacking. A program can offer higher payouts to attract affiliates and/or keep/renew interest in current affiliates, but if an affiliate can not receive what they need from support in a timely manner, then the affiliates may lose interest, potentially pull links, and/or not promote the sponsor as heavily as they would have if the support were there for them when needed.

Xstr8guy
    Support? How much support does an affiliate program need? All of my affiliates are self-sufficient.

As an affiliate, I have almost never asked for a single thing except honest stats and reliable payouts. And if the sponsor didn't have any decent banners, I would ask them if I could make my own.

As a sponsor, I almost never have anyone ask for anything. But of course, I don't run a massive multi-site program either. Occasionally an affiliate will ask for member's access, new banners or some extra promo content. No biggie.

I guess you get what you ask for. If you start offering all kinds of affiliate tools, FHG's, etc. you'd better keep it up or risk losing THAT kind of affiliate.

How long have you been gay? Panky's Avatar
    I look at it this way, I seldom need support for anything whether it is through a sponsor program or hosting, but it is nice to know the support is there if ever I do actually need it. There is nothing worse than if I do need something from a sponsor or have a question, and no one appears alive, or if alive, the person is clueless. Knowledgeable support is where it is at, regardless if it is 1 person or 10 support people. Just knowing someone capable is there is comfort enough.

On the other hand.... You have different fingers
    Try doing both, maybe offer individual deals to key affiliates, see which affiliates are performing and provide them with extra support.

We do our best for everyone and I think we hit the mark most of the time, but we are definitely still learning what affiliates need...

Madame0120
    I say more client services.

You forget my artwork?

Paco
    that is somewhat of a weird one, Lee, or I truly do not understand.

Exactly how much more support do webmasters actually need?
    Can it really be so much more (support) that it would warrant your allocating more monies to it? I'd say no.

Or, are you referring to webnewbies (not webmaster)?

As far as I am concerned, you'll receive more productive webmasters, and more production out of your currently active webmasters, once you've raised payouts! When I look at program (after ensuring they offer big cock sites, of course) I look for the highest payouts &/or percentages - the rest means squat to me!
    But that all depends as to whether or not you have or want more webmasters like me---one that does not require or use support. I have yet to contact a sponsor for anything other than earnings discrepancies.

Paying out more is best for two reasons: those looking for more $ will be happy, and those that require above-and-beyond support can afford to buy books about webmastering!