Thread: Creative Marketing Techniques - Screensavers

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Creative Marketing Techniques - Screensavers

Creative Marketing Techniques - Gay Adult Screensavers.

As more and more webmasters join the adult industry it starts becoming harder and harder to ensure that your marketing stays as fresh as your competitors and, to ensure that you are ahead of the game you should start looking at alternative marketing methods for your adult sites with this in mind, today i wanted to take a look at one of these alternate marketing methods... Screensavers.

Screensaver Basics.

For the most part, many computer users look at screensavers as a method of entertainment, putting a comical or an image that has meaning to them on their monitor for when they are not using their machine however, screensavers actually do have a more important use on your computers. Screensavers were originally created to stop 'burning' of computer monitors, that is to say, when a computer isn't being used for a long time, if a specific file or application is always running there is a possibility of the content of that file or application actually being burned into your monitor screen. However, in the case of this article we will take a look at the more practical use to us of screensavers.. marketing.

Creating A Screensaver.

Although we may like the idea of having a screensaver created for us, the truth of the matter is, we can all create them ourselves with relative ease and cost. For the most part the software you will need to start producing your own screensavers often costs less than $30 for example, Easy Screen Saver Studio available from http://www.dd2002.com. All you need to do then is find some content to use on the screensaver which can either be images or a logo for your site and you are ready to run.

Gay Screensavers + Marketing.

By doing a quick search in Google you will quickly find that there are no less than 700,000 results that get returned for the term 'gay screensaver' with this in mind, it is immediately obvious that there are very few webmasters in the adult industry utilizing this medium of advertising to its fullest advantage with that said, a few well placed search results could in effect, not only double your traffic overall but, realistically could work wonders for building your online brand recognition with surfers after all, if they download and utilize one of your screensavers then hey will end up seeing your site name and logo virtually every time they turn their computer on.

Gay Screensavers - Suggestions For Use.

Of course, in addition to building your brand screensavers can also be used as additional free content inside many of your existing free, AEN and even pay sites. By allowing your surfers the mere opportunity to download and use a screensaver that you have created for them, you are able to tell them the messages you want them to see with ease and, more importantly, you have a marketing channel that many other webmasters simply would not have considered using.

Gay Adult Screensavers - In Review.

As we draw to a close in this brief article on adult screensavers i hope you can see how in the right setting and, when used in the correct manner these simple tools that we all take for granted on an almost daily basis can be of benefit to your business after all, the costs involved with creating these marketing tools is minimal and yet, the potential rewards are unlimited all it takes is for one office worker to use a screensaver with your sites url on it and you have potentially reached hundreds of thousands of individuals all with computers and web access for less than the cost of 1000 paid clicks from Google Adwords.

Article written by Lee.

http://www.resourceforums.com

manquest
    Interesting article indeed. Just for information purposes -- I am Windows platform programmer. Years back I saw a great demand for screensavers -- seems everyone was using them and also looking for the latest and neatest one around. Now I can honestly say that I know only 3 individuals out of 1500 that use screensavers now. The problems with the screen burning does not exist in the newest screen technology. For those of you still using 286x machines, mono or RBG monitors for business applications, then you have the problem. But for the rest of the world the problem disappeared with the advent of the 486 and VGA monitors.

I still like the idea of these custom screensavers for marketing. It sounds neat. But with all the virus and worm flooding the net, I think it would be difficult to get enough trusting individuals to download them. Not many individuals can afford the fees to obtain a verisign digit signature to sign their screensavers. The software you mentioned does not do this (would be stupid and lead to ruin if they did).

What is a screensaver on a programming point of view? A simple executive file. Command line switches are added to make the program compatiable with the options available in your control panel. The program is simply saved as .scr vice .exe when compiled. Now that leads the door open -- an unsavory webmaster can add references to mprexe.dll, wininet.dll, mapi32.dll or anything and they got access to your files and everything on your system. Remember that when a screensaver program is active the Ctl-Alt-Del and Tab-Alt functions are disabled. If you notice that your files are being uploaded to the net the only way to stop it would be to pull your modem line or pull the plug on your computer.

I honestly do not think this would work unless offered by a huge, well established paysite with impeccible customer respect - Boyfun, Badpuppy -- I don't think anyother site has reached that level yet!