Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Failing Industry?

maxpower
    Quote Originally Posted by Xstr8guy View Post
    The point I'm trying to make is that a Premium AVS site is as valid as a full-scale paysite... at least from the angle of income potential. Why shouldn't I use all exclusive content or a complete 20 video scene to make that sale? $20 is $20.
    Not sure why you would think a one time 20$ pay off a year equates to a real members site monthly recurring sales. I just think your selling your self short, and only helping a company that will at the first chance fuck you over.

If your only after a 20$ I know many better palaces to send your traffic, just being a affiliate working with free sites you would make with out all that content a trouble.

Xstr8guy
    Quote Originally Posted by maxpower View Post
    Not sure why you would think a one time 20$ pay off a year equates to a real members site monthly recurring sales. I just think your selling your self short, and only helping a company that will at the first chance fuck you over.

If your only after a 20$ I know many better palaces to send your traffic, just being a affiliate working with free sites you would make with out all that content a trouble.
    Max, Max, Max.. a premium AVS (UGAS Platinum, Mancheck Plus) membership rebills MONTHLY at $20 revshare ($39.95 sale).

maxpower
    This AVS stuff to me is a poor way to convert traffic, it was ok in the day when you could mainly sell better programs on your AVS sites, and use the AVS as a door stop to force traffic to those other programs. But with AVS started blocking all outside links on your join page I found it almost worthless to spend my time playing with them at all.

Your content is only making 1/12th as much and you supporting someone else with it, not to mention the devaluing issues, and countless other problem I can find with this.

Yes AVS is fine to make a few bucks, and maybe a few sales to your members sites, but this is not worth giving them 70% or even 50% of the content you give REAL members.

maxpower
    Max, Max, Max.. a premium AVS (UGAS Platinum, Mancheck Plus) membership rebills MONTHLY at $20 revshare ($39.95 sale).
    I have a problem with making 40$ sales and getting 20$ too :jerkoff: How could you think this is a good place to send traffic? If they gave all the traffic to me then we could talk I guess. But pushing 40$ monthly AVS memberships sounds ridicules, you know you could get 50$ from PPS or have a much higher conversion numbers with rev share programs

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by marcjacob View Post
    I still dont get blogs. Id love someone to explain to me how they work! I know you show sexy pics and write stuff but how do you get the traffic to it?

Marc this is a good place to start
    http://www.getblogtraffic.com

marcjacob
    Quote Originally Posted by BBweb View Post
    Marc this is a good place to start
    http://www.getblogtraffic.com
    Thankyou so much, you rock!

Xstr8guy
    I have a problem with making 40$ sales and getting 20$ too :jerkoff: How could you think this is a good place to send traffic? If they gave all the traffic to me then we could talk I guess. But pushing 40$ monthly AVS memberships sounds ridicules, you know you could get 50$ from PPS or have a much higher conversion numbers with rev share programs
    Who says I'm sending any traffic to my Premium AVS galleries? Other than some SE traffic and traffic from my AVS hubs, I don't send a single click to them. 90% of the traffic comes directly from the AVS itself. And the AVSs don't mind if you use the traffic in this way at all. They are happy to convert the regular members anyway they can.

And btw, I'm not the least bit interested in PPS at all. I can easily make more than $50 from rebilling premium AVS members.

Xstr8guy
    Your content is only making 1/12th as much and you supporting someone else with it, not to mention the devaluing issues, and countless other problem I can find with this.

For someone that has no exclusive content and buys 100% of your content from brokers, you sure seem to worry a lot about devaluing content. We've discussed/argued this before but I choose to use my exclusive and brokered content as many times and on as many sites as I can. Why not get the most use out of something that you spend a fortune on? The internet is a massive place and I don't worry one bit about over-exposing a photoset that I bought from Ounique or GayAdultPhotos.

maxpower
    Who says I'm sending any traffic to my Premium AVS galleries? Other than some SE traffic and traffic from my AVS hubs, I don't send a single click to them. 90% of the traffic comes directly from the AVS itself. And the AVSs don't mind if you use the traffic in this way at all. They are happy to convert the regular members anyway they can.

And btw, I'm not the least bit interested in PPS at all. I can easily make more than $50 from rebilling premium AVS members.
    Maybe we should talk about it then sometime man, I do have all kinds of content and have 30 designs for Super AVS/Free sites I made 3 years ago, to test response on those types of sites. My biggest problem with AVS is they wanted me to waste MY traffic on something much less profitable.

In a few weeks when you have time we could talk, like I said MY problem was always the traffic issues, if Big and Quality sites are going to be enough for them to feed then I am happy with the use on my content and offering sites to their members.

Xstr8guy
    Maybe we should talk about it then sometime man, I do have all kinds of content and have 30 designs for Super AVS/Free sites I made 3 years ago, to test response on those types of sites. My biggest problem with AVS is they wanted me to waste MY traffic on something much less profitable.

In a few weeks when you have time we could talk, like I said MY problem was always the traffic issues, if Big and Quality sites are going to be enough for them to feed then I am happy with the use on my content and offering sites to their members.

That's all I can say... I'm speechless!

maxpower

That's all I can say... I'm speechless!
    I think I am reasonable most of the time, but still a bit leery. Its worth testing again, but when I did it 3 years ago the AVS sites I used (90% of them) did not provide any traffic and expected me to do EVERY thing for them. Sorry but if I make the sites, I own the content, and I send all the traffic, I am going to keep all the money.

Xstr8guy
    This is the simplest way I can explain how to succeed with AVS...

Treat your AVS hub just like you would treat any other paysite. Essentially every new gallery you submit is an update to your 'paysite'. The Premium galleries you submit should be a high-end update... brand new content, a large series or exclusive content. Older content, solos, boring shoots, small sets etc. should be used as your regular updates.

The regular updates send more traffic and you should always try to filter that traffic back to your hub where you can try to convert them to a Premium membership with your hotter/newer content.

That, in a nutshell, is how to succeed with AVS.

maxpower
    This is the simplest way I can explain how to succeed with AVS...

Treat your AVS hub just like you would treat any other paysite. Essentially every new gallery you submit is an update to your 'paysite'. The Premium galleries you submit should be a high-end update... brand new content, a large series or exclusive content. Older content, solos, boring shoots, small sets etc. should be used as your regular updates.

The regular updates send more traffic and you should always try to filter that traffic back to your hub where you can try to convert them to a Premium membership with your hotter/newer content.

That, in a nutshell, is how to succeed with AVS.
    Woo hang on, I am not going to create some AVS hub’s to generate traffic for them NO. I will pool thier sites but thats it though. See this starts to go back to wasting MY traffic, and sounds like allot of time too. If I am going to create a Hub or LL to get traffic basically to help my members sites they are going to be Free not AVS. Because I want MY traffic to be used on MY sites or at least the most profitable alternatives, with the least effort possible. Sounds lazy, but I do have many more things to do then treat AVS members like they belong to a real site.

padabum
    i just kind of donīt understand some of you guys. you keep moaning about how bad things are going! well excuse me, thats how business goes. some people loose and some win. tough.. isnt it? welcome to economics and free business. there are loads of site out there, that do lots of good business with increasing revenues. they are just plain creative. if you dont want the heaps of content out there. well be the first to take off all your hardcore free stuff instead of crying about other bad webmasters. set a good example.

if you arent willing to do that. well then dont complain. there is competition out there. and even if everybody here says "we are all a big family" thats bullshit. if we dont offer our customers more and more value for their money, we will be dead and gone before we know.

so just stop complaining and be creative. no use to make the 100.000ds blog out there. the people who innovate are the winners. if this business doenst make you a living, go work at mc donalds

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Sorry but if I make the sites, I own the content, and I send all the traffic, I am going to keep all the money.
    Several years ago someone once told me this about traffic...

'The more you give, the more you get'

You'd be wise to think about that.

Regards,

Lee