Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Tony's Rant on Gas Prices (again)

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    so - now we get fucked twice in one day!

first, by the tax man (and not that cute)

and then

by the oil man (way not cute)

and don't forget that daddy is a Top and doesn't get fucked!

where's my silver lining???

CamCruise
    Don't Pump Gas On May 15th!!
    In April 1997, there was a "gas out" conducted nationwide in protest of gas prices. Gasoline prices dropped 30 cents a gallon overnight.

On May 15th 2007, all internet users are to not go to a gas station in protest of high gas prices. Gas is now over $3.00 a gallon in most places.

There are 73,000,000+ American members currently on the internet network, and the average car takes about 30 to 50 dollars to fill up.

If all users did not go to the pump on the 15th, it would take $2,292,000,000.00 (that's almost 3 BILLION) out of the oil companies' pockets for just one day, so please do not go to the gas station on May 15th and lets try to put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry for at least one day.

If you agree (which I can't see why you wouldn't) keep bumping this thread to remind everyone.

I'LL BE PARTICIPATING..HOPE ALL OF YOU SEE THE IMPORTANCE AND DO THE SAME!

wnc
    Sorry CamCruise Sir, being respectful with your leather

Did you Google before you posted this here at GWW?

Netlore Archive: Latest version of familiar email chain letter urges Internet users in the U.S. to boycott gas stations on May 15, 2007 to 'put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry'

Pointless?

I don't think so.... !

if everyone did take these things seriously, we would send a message

but then again, they do have us by the balls don't they

anyone else in LA notice that we're now pumping at $3.45 for yesterday... grrrr

CamCruise
    Quote Originally Posted by wnc View Post
    Sorry CamCruise Sir, being respectful with your leather

Did you Google before you posted this here at GWW?

Netlore Archive: Latest version of familiar email chain letter urges Internet users in the U.S. to boycott gas stations on May 15, 2007 to 'put a dent in the Middle Eastern oil industry'
    I did not say I wrote this. I was just passing it on. Simple as that.
    I got it from another forum.
    But who cares where it came from. Point is its not a bad idea.
    And to get the word out.

CamCruise
    Gas prices do rule the world. The latest is the new hike in Postal rates that go up on the 14TH
    The main reason for the hike is to off set fuel costs that keep going up.

That will force most of us with online stores to hike our shipping costs too.
    And on and on and on.....

Quote Originally Posted by Madame0120 View Post
    Actually the future or air transport will be very simple and automated. A passenger goes to a small terminal, like a bus station, buys a ticket and that trip is encoded. Nothing for a passenger to do, but sit back and enjoy.

Vertical take-offs will allow for Much smaller terminals, and quieter machines will make it possible for them to be local and in your neighborhoods. I'll prob. have to live to be 100 to see that ...

That would be so cool. I wish they'd get their ass together and do stuff like this. Seems we've been stuck on paved roads and railroads for decades. Not to mention how cool would this be!!
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

regardless of what other people are or are not doing on May 15, we are going ahead with our own little personal boycott by not buying gas this week

big deal right? well actually yes - in a typically Tony way, I am writing a letter to my congressman, senators, governor, that guy at 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue (who's rent we pay for) and all of the companies we have corporate and private gas cards with and last but not least, the companies that we have done work for and have stock in....

to let them know how completely out of control gas prices are and how they always seem to go up before major holidays and come down before elections

what good will this do? probably nothing but, I know that we will receive a form letter from most (if not all) thanking us for our concern or patronage, etc and letting us know what they are all doing to help blah, blah blah....

at least I feel better after one of my little bitch fests!

because remember, nobody knows that your protesting if you stop buying their products - you have to let them know that you are no longer buying their products, otherwise, they can't tell by looking at their balance sheets because these types of protests are usually so insignificant....

we're at $4.14 for premium at our nearby station.... and I'm not driving across town to save 25¢ a gallon

CamCruise
    GAS PRICES HIT A NEW RECORD AT THE PUMP!!

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070514/oil_prices.html?.v=11

Quote Originally Posted by CamCruise View Post
    GAS PRICES HIT A NEW RECORD AT THE PUMP!!

http://biz.yahoo.com/ap/070514/oil_prices.html?.v=11
    Of course they have, an oil man is president

So we have a record deficit, record gas prices, record number of vacations for a president in office, any other records broken ~god or bad~ ? :crazyeyes:
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

CamCruise
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    Of course they have, an oil man is president

So we have a record deficit, record gas prices, record number of vacations for a president in office, any other records broken ~god or bad~ ? :crazyeyes:
    YES, YES, You forgot also a war thats longer that world war 2. And dont forget his english. After all he is "the decider"

I decided to take the bus today - I dropped my car off for service in Hollywood and took the bus back to BH down sunset

must admit, only a few people on board and they actually had tv monitors with commercials for slip and fall attorney Larry H. Parker and for debt consolidation and personal bankrupcy

they also showed videos of giant tire off-roading in the mountains - I was thinking how odd our society has become as we rolled down sunset

Cam refused to bus back to the shop and insisted on hoofing the 3.2 miles at break-neck speed

don't forget - tomorrow is boycott the gas companies day

DON'T BUY GAS ON THE 15TH - (and don't forget to brush your teeth!)

CamCruise
    Damn! I better put gas in the car tonight!!
    Just kidding.

Please Don't Buy Any Gas Today

Piss In Your Tank If You Need To But Please Don't Buy Any Gas...

Ounique
    Quote Originally Posted by A_DeAngelo View Post
    Please Don't Buy Any Gas Today

Piss In Your Tank If You Need To But Please Don't Buy Any Gas...
    I have a Hybrid so I only buy gas every other week or so.