Thread: Gay Married Couple Barred At US Border

TheLegacy1

Gay Married Couple Barred At US Border

365Gay.com Newscenter
    Toronto Bureau
    Posted: September 18, 2003 11:46 a.m. ET

(Toronto, Ontario) The first gay couple to be legally married in Canada has been refused entry into the United States.

Kevin Bourassa and Joe Varnell (pictured) were turned back this morning at Toronto's Pearson International Airport by US Customs and Immigration officers when they attempted to board a flight to Georgia.

US Customs and Immigration pre-check people traveling to the US at most major Canadian airports. They couple was rejected after filling out a form identifying themselves as a family.

http://www.365gay.com/NewsContent/09...rderBanned.htm

--------------------------------

you know I am really getting sick and tired of this - and I am not speaking out against americans in general - just a few political yahoo's who figure since they couldnt change Canada's mind on the issue - they will be piss-ants and make our life hell if we step foot on their soil - its bullying - how do you guys put up with this crap?? Thats what I want to know

doesnt anyone care about this topic?? please add your input

Robert J. Warren
    Director Of Marketing

SEXXXYCONTENT
    WebTalent Inc.
    40-1110 Finch Ave. West
    Suite 1181
    Toronto, Ontario M3J 3M2

mail to: rwarren@sexxxycontent.com
    ICQ# 102612416

BT1
    that's fucked up!

MacDaddy1
    This pisses me off! Not just because I'm for same sex marriages but because I'm a Canadian. I think it's wrong that another country doesn't have the tolerance to accept another countries beliefs.

I also thinks it fucked that we, in Canada, can't even get it together to be united on this.