Thread: Advanced Warning - Free Email Accounts

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Advanced Warning - Free Email Accounts

I want to give everyone a quick heads up that as of the end of the 1st June 2007, anybody with a 'free' email address in their profile will have their account suspended from posting or viewing the GWW Community until that email address has been changed to something other than hotmail, gmail, yahoo, msn or one of the other 'free' web based email providers.

The reason behind this is that recently, more and more 'bots' are registering using these free web based email addresses and rather than wasting my time going through hundreds of fake accounts by hand, its a lot easier for me to just remove the ability for people to register and use one of these types of email addresses in their profile.

I realize that this is going to cause a problem for some of you however, im sure you can appreciate this isnt something that is happening on a whim, in fact, i have been manually removing these bot accounts for the last couple of months as they have been registering and it has just gotten to the point now where it has become counter-productive for me to continue doing so manually, hence why no free web based email addresses will be allowed in your profiles.

I mentioned this to someone earlier today who has a Hotmail address in their profile and they came back and told me that they didnt have, or couldnt afford to register a domain name and have a host setup an email address for them, if this may be the case for you, then ill tell you the same thing i told this person on ICQ, you are in the wrong business.

If you cant afford to spend $10 or less for a domain name, and $10 a month for a basic entry level hosting plan, get out of the industry now, you are destined for failure.

Again, for any inconvenience this may cause any of you i am truly sorry however, i have much better things to do with my time than fight a losing battle against board bots registering fake profiles so they can habitually spam the community forums.

Regards,

Lee

throw fundamentalists to the lions chadknowslaw's Avatar
    Lee -- could you provide a simple "How To" to change the registered email account? Gotta love a good tutorial. :-)
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com
    Keeping you out of trouble is easier than getting you out of trouble!

Sure thing.

Just click this link..

http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...o=editpassword

Regards,

Lee

Looking for content ;)
    its not so much not being able to affort a domain etc as it is an issue of being able to log into the email from anywhere in the world to check up on stuff and do business..

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    its not so much not being able to affort a domain etc as it is an issue of being able to log into the email from anywhere in the world to check up on stuff and do business..
    Any host can setup webmail so you can check your email from anywhere in the world, so even that isnt an issue, if your host cant setup webmail for you, its time to find a new host because its really easy to do.

Regards,

Lee

I have an email account with the Arizona Bar Association that I use in instances like this where I need a "non-free" email address. However, I have that AZBAR.ORG account set up to forward everything to my Yahoo account, which I can check everywhere in the world. It really was very easy to do and everybody is satisfied.
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Looking for content ;)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Any host can setup webmail so you can check your email from anywhere in the world, so even that isnt an issue, if your host cant setup webmail for you, its time to find a new host because its really easy to do.

Regards,

Lee

hehe yea they can and it stinks compared to gmail .. like saying any car will do but there isnt really anything like a ferrari now is there

so insted of closing old accounts and causing the hazzle , why not just close for new accounts from free emails.. should fix the problem just as well...

Okay you folks that have a free webmail address in your profile only have a couple of hours left to get your profile changed before your posting privellages are pulled....

This thread has been here for almost 1 month so you have had plenty of warning about this happening... Dont come a crying when you cant post or login to the GWW Community.

Regards,

Lee

Quote Originally Posted by mickey View Post
    like saying any car will do but there isnt really anything like a ferrari now is there
    I will stick with my Dodge. It costs $18 to change the oil and never needs anything but routine service. Of course, it does not make my penis longer but it still gets me to where I want to go.

:smoke:
    Chad Belville, Esq
    Phoenix, Arizona
    www.chadknowslaw.com

Camper than a row of tents
    As long as it's paid, it's ok right? I still use AOL for email. Eliminates most spam.
    I post here to whore this sig.