Thread: CDC Report: Meth Use & HIV Risk Behaviors Among Heterosexual Men

CDC Report: Meth Use & HIV Risk Behaviors Among Heterosexual Men

Analyses of survey data among noninjection-drug users from California in the mid-1990s determined that, among heterosexual persons and among men who had sex with men (MSM), meth users reported more sex partners, were less likely to report condom use, and were more likely to report sex in exchange for money or drugs, sex with an injection-drug user, and history of a sexually transmitted disease (STD) (2). Subsequent studies among MSM have indicated an association between meth use and sexual risk behaviors, syphilis infection, and incidence of human immunodeficiency virus (HIV) infection (3--5). Subsequent studies among heterosexual populations (6) have been less extensive than those among MSM and often have not used population-based samples nor adjusted for possible confounders. To further assess the association between meth use and high-risk sexual behaviors among heterosexual men, the California Department of Health Services, Office of AIDS, analyzed population-based data from five northern California counties in the HEY-Man (Health Evaluation in Young Men) Study. This report summarizes the results of that analysis, which determined that recent meth use was associated with high-risk sexual behaviors, including sex with a casual or anonymous female partner, anal intercourse, and sex with an injection-drug user. The results suggest the need for states to consider including referrals to meth prevention and treatment programs in their HIV prevention programs and for broader assessment of the relation between meth use and high-risk sexual behaviors.

Regression analyses determined that recent meth users were more likely than men who had never used meth to be sexually active with a female partner, have multiple female partners, have a casual or anonymous female partner, have anal intercourse with a casual or anonymous female partner, have a female partner who injected drugs, or have ever received money or drugs for sex from a male or female partner. FULL REPORT

-------------

I just came across this report on the CDC site and it's nice to see that it's acknowledged that meth is not a Gay drug and that straight men have the same behaviors on meth as Gay men do.

There were 1,342 MORE new cases of HIV in the heterosexual community then in the Gay community!

Why are we inundated with reports saying Gays are methheads drug addicts spreading HIV when the CDC just released a report showing that new HIV cases in 2005 in the U.S. were almost equal between heterosexuals and homosexuals?
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

marcjacob
    Hey Squirt, youve loads of great posts on GWW lately. Nice to see you so active. I see you dont post on Gay Main Street much any more.

Why is that?

back in the 70s and 80s, i knew a number of straight guys - usually under 21 - who would turn tricks so they could buy drugs. they wouldn't do it for food, and they didn't hvae sex with men otherwise. sex and drugs seem pretty linked to me - at least, in hollywood, and particularly the runaways and guys who had no jobs and tended to live close to the edge financially.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    back in the 70s and 80s, i knew a number of straight guys - usually under 21 - who would turn tricks so they could buy drugs. they wouldn't do it for food, and they didn't hvae sex with men otherwise. sex and drugs seem pretty linked to me - at least, in hollywood, and particularly the runaways and guys who had no jobs and tended to live close to the edge financially.
    That's something I didn't consider at all and a great point. The Gay for pay trade workers. Then they get HIV, go do their girlfriend, and it continues on.

In Africa HIV is a heterosexual disease. The pope condems premarital sex and sex with condoms. So to circumvent this the men have anal sex with their female partners.
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com