Thread: Hollywood Ads Adult Smoking To Ratings System

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar

Hollywood Ads Adult Smoking To Ratings System

By The Associated Press

"(Broadcasting & Cable) _ The Motion Picture Association of America http://www.mpaa.org/ said Thursday that smoking in a movie may earn a tougher rating, even if it is by a consenting adult.

Illegal teen smoking had been a factor in movie ratings in the past, said the Motion Picture Association of America, but now "all smoking" will be considered and "depictions that glamorize smoking or movies that feature pervasive smoking outside of an historic or other mitigating context may receive a higher rating."

That came only hours after a TV producer had been asked whether film producers should be able to insert smoking scenes into films to compensate for the fact that they could not advertise on TV."

so, do you think this means that the studios will start labeling their old movies as "pre-smoking" titles?!?!? should be interesting to watch -

I think it's a move to combat cig companies from going overboard doing product placement in movies.

A movie rating doesn't mean squat these days. For crying outloud you can watch a crime show on TV about how a serial rapist/killer did his deeds, reenactments and all. Everything is ass backwards, what a joke, entertainment companies trying to be the moral compass of a nation.

Do you think the Motion Picture Association of America is feeling less powerful now due to youtube and reality content? Do a search for "smoking guy" on youtube
    Naked Straight Men on Squirtit & StraightBro

~ In Production ~

Blindfoldmen.com
    scifimen.com

...since my first hard-on. A_DeAngelo's Avatar
    I'm sure the next rage will be against drinking...

why not? they did successfully keep the word "fuck" out of movies for a very long time

now it seems that every screenwriter adds the current colloquialism as frequently as possible