You may or may not know this gang, but one month ago, Watson, the manufacturer of a body building steroid marketed as Nadrolone Decanote (more commonly referred to as Deca) was pulled out of production.

This muscle builder is widely used by bodybuilders to enhance muscle size. The drug was originally developed for wasting syndrome and is often prescribed for HIV and AIDS patients and others to help combat muscle loss.

Watson reported that the raw materials needed to manufacture the drug were no longer available, when in fact, they still are. The truth of the matter (according to those who know these things) is this, Watson recently bought the rights to produce Oxandrolone, another steroid for building muscle. Ocandrolone costs 10x more than deca hence, Watson will make more money off those who need the drug, their insurance companies and all of us who pay to help cover the costs...

The average monthly supply of Oxandrolone will run the average consumer $900 - $1,300 a month compared to the average cost of deca at about $100 a month.

It makes sense to me that models we currently use in our industry will need to offset the increased costs of these drugs to continue to provide "quality eye candy" for us producer types that like the pumped bodybuilder look. Not something I'm looking forward to in the near future, specially if you've been reading up on my rants on gas!

Major problem is this, deca was very easy on the system and was metabolized through the kidneys. Oxandrolone on the other hand, is metabolized in the liver and can be very harmful to those who are already experiencing problems due to HIV meds and/or other factors.

Will we be seeing a decline in muscle men or will their daddies have to bear the costs and pass them along to the consumer....?