I have given thought to this several times about backing up content, and it seems that there are several methods. This posting for prefered may be a little late, we will see how well my hard drive can be recovered but....LOL

For videos what I usually do is edit them to how I am going to use them, whether it is for web, or DVD, then I delete the raw files off of my computer, and just keep the DV tape as a backup.

On stills, well, I have really never backed them up, as I have NEVER in my life had a hard drive fail. Now fast forward to this weekend, my computer isn't reading my hard drive, I have no idea what is going on with it, but I am having someone come take a look at it.

My question is this, when I have given thought in the past to backing up images files what do you do? Do you get an external hard drive? Make disks with the image sets on them? With important documents and such, I usually will put them on a disk, to have a hard copy just in case, same with 2257 info, its all on disks as well as my hard drive.

So what methods do you guys use?