Thread: Anyone Using WordPress On Paysite Tours Yet?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Anyone Using WordPress On Paysite Tours Yet?

Im looking at making a few web 2.0 compatible tours for some new Condom Cash paysites and i was wondering if anyone was successfully using any blog scripts such as WordPress as paysite tours yet?

I know there are a bunch of plugins that can be added to WordPress to bump up its functionality and was hoping one of you folks would have tried this or, if not, know of a site that has.

So whats the low down on this, is it possible to do, have you tried it, if so how did it work for you?

Regards,

Lee

If homosexuality is a disease, let's all call in queer to work.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lee View Post
    Im looking at making a few web 2.0 compatible tours for some new Condom Cash paysites and i was wondering if anyone was successfully using any blog scripts such as WordPress as paysite tours yet?

I know there are a bunch of plugins that can be added to WordPress to bump up its functionality and was hoping one of you folks would have tried this or, if not, know of a site that has.

So whats the low down on this, is it possible to do, have you tried it, if so how did it work for you?

Regards,

Lee
    What does "web 2.0 compatible" mean?
    Be sure to use the WP Cache plugin. If you expect any large traffic it will help with mysql load

I'm currently building a tour that will combine graphics style tour features along with a blog for the what's new and a few other features. Nothing to report yet of course, but it's certainly a feasible option, plus there are programs out there that will allow you to use the blog as a marketing tool for your affiliates: ie the id code of incoming webmaster is seen and adjusted on the links.

samebb
    why use wordpress when you could instead use a highly adaptable and customisable CMS solution such as Joomle or Drupal?

Well, speaking for myself, Wordpress is a LOT more user friendly for starters. If you don't understand coding, it's hard to follow along on how to setup and work with Joomla and Drupal, especially the design aspect. You're literally designing something you can't see the results of until you step through a whole bunch of processes to get xyz to happen.

And Drupal is wanting php versions that are still in beta and most linux servers don't have it installed yet, as they haven't been released as a secure upgrade.

You don't have to be straight to be in the Army; you just have to be able to shoot straight. ponyboy's Avatar
    Id like to try it :cheerleader:

Looking for content ;)
    interesting idea.. please keep us posted on how this works out and if possible post the URL so we can see the final site..

Ah, 80 Hour Work Weeks, The American Dream! tombarr's Avatar
    The only thing I have heard about these, and i have seen a few straight sites using them, is that affiliate codes are not passed through the blog if it comes from a landing page outside the blog.

Affiliate codes that are posted in blog entries are fine, but codes from affiliates that are brought in from links outside the blog or the site that normally carry through regular html pages appear to be problematic for wordpress..

I've not tried this but it was brought to my attention as a potential problem for affiliates with tours that use blogs in them.

Has anyone any way to test this ?