I have been doing some work on NATS recently and found a few great features. The first one is setting it up to auto-generate random userids/passwords, based on the kb article found here: http://kb.toomuchmedia.com/idx/0/432...y_members.html

To implement it, you simply need to add this code into your join page template near the other input variables:
PHP Code:
<input type="hidden" name="signup[random_userpass]" value="8:1:10"
Plus of course you should remove the two table rows that ask for Username and Password, personally I replaced those with:
PHP Code:
<TR><TD class="join_name">First Name:</TD><TD class="join_value"><input class="join_input" type="text" name="signup[firstname]"></TD></TR>

<
TR><TD class="join_name">Last Name:</tD><TD class="join_value"><input class="join_input" type="text" name="signup[lastname]"></TD></TR
The reason that I did this is because I have found that a lot of members tend to re-use their same userid/passwords when joining any site, and those userid/passwords tend to eventually hit the hacker boards. Using randomly generated userids/passwords makes you site safer from hackers.

cheers,
Luke