Thread: This is really starting to piss me off

TheLegacy1

This is really starting to piss me off

(Casper, Wyoming) Anti-gay preacher Fred Phelps has announced intentions to erect a monument to Matthew Shepard the gay college student brutally murdered five years ago near Laramie.

But, the monument will be no memorial. Phelps says the monument would be 5 to 6 feet tall and made of marble or granite. It would bear a bronze plaque bearing the image of Shepard and have an inscription reading "MATTHEW SHEPARD, Entered Hell October 12, 1998, in Defiance of God's Warning: 'Thou shalt not lie with mankind as with womankind; it is abomination.' Leviticus 18:22."

http://www.365gay.com/newscontent/10...psMemorial.htm

Robert J. Warren
    Director Of Marketing

SEXXXYCONTENT
    WebTalent Inc.
    40-1110 Finch Ave. West
    Suite 1181
    Toronto, Ontario M3J 3M2

mail to: rwarren@sexxxycontent.com
    ICQ# 102612416

mardigras1
    These a-holes were in my town a few weeks ago picketing churches. I did my own little counter-protest by driving around them with signs on my car saying "God loves even the ignorant".

Mansized1
    It goes without saying that Phelps is one nut case! (Did you see the 60 minutes interview with him a couple of years ago). He's from Topeka, Kansas, about 50 miles from where I was born and raised.

You got to realize that this is a true loser in every sense of the word, and without doubt, his "congregation" truly represents the WORST of red necks and trailer trash!

So, I know it probably doesn't help much..but I would say "Consider the source.". He WANTS the attention. If the media and others would just stop covering him, he would basically dry up and wither.

Ounique1
    You know the thing that really upsets me about this? It's the fact that these people have the audacity to do these things in the name of God. I'm more of a spiritual person than a religious person (maybe because of these kinds of people) but they are saying that the people who tortured and brutally murdered this man are more holy than the person who was the victim. It's just insane. I can usually look at a person whom I don't agree with and try to understand the point of view that person is taking and try to see things the way they do, but this is one common ground that I won't go anywhere near.

Keep Groovin',
    Don Mike
    Ounique, Inc.
    http://www.ounique.com/
    Check out our site for Exciting New Content Sale!!!

TheLegacy1
    Agreed - Im surprised that few of you are saying anything - my hope was that we could figure a way to speak out - this is just wrong

Robert J. Warren
    Director Of Marketing

SEXXXYCONTENT
    WebTalent Inc.
    40-1110 Finch Ave. West
    Suite 1181
    Toronto, Ontario M3J 3M2

ICQ# 102612416

MacDaddy1
    But would the people really stand for such a monument? Even IF it was erected, I'm sure someone would pull it down. If no one does, I'll buy a big ol' redneck pick-up and drive through the thing wearing a rubber mask in the image of Phelps.

Mansized1
    People HAVE spoken out..from a large attendance at Matthew Shepard's funeral to hijacking their website! This dude is not new to the gay community.

GaryAlan
    Agreed, Mansized. We are speaking out constantly. If not on the baord in the real world. This asshole has been around. He is constantly being fought. And YES if the media would just stop making this freak a news item he would just disappear.

I doubt that any community would allow such a blatant statue to be erected. And if they did, I can see 100s of gay men and women pulling the fucker down. And if it was erected I would love to erect one right behind it of Matthew with his HUGE angel-wings spread out, showing compassion (or stepping on these freakish people) I'm not sure what I'd want to see, since it's such an issue with me.

Gary-Alan

TheLegacy1
    After talking to his daughter yesterday on the darren austin show I couldnt believe the arrogance and hatred these people have built up.

I could only think of the word "cult" in how they mishandled the bible and hid behind verses that were misinterpreted.

Karma hun - simply put - Karma

Robert J. Warren
    Director Of Marketing

SEXXXYCONTENT
    WebTalent Inc.
    40-1110 Finch Ave. West
    Suite 1181
    Toronto, Ontario M3J 3M2

ICQ# 102612416