Thread: Hot Desert Knights Pledges $5000 For Safe Sex Movie

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Yeah Hot Desert Knights Pledges $5000 For Safe Sex Movie

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/pre...-knights.shtml

Hot Desert Knights Productions pledges $5,000 and challenges other gay adult video industry to match this amount in order to produce and distribute free a film targeted to young gay males regarding safer sex practices and HIV/AIDS transmission.

According to the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the incidence of HIV is on a increase among young gay men.

Hot Desert Knights Productions, LLC (HDK), believes that one of the primary reasons for this increase is due to the lack of education regarding HIV/AIDS targeted to young gay males in the age group of 18 to 25. "Most gay men in this age group have never had a friend die of AIDS. Most don't even know anyone who is infected", according to Bill Gardner, Co-Owner of HDK. Also according to Gardner "HDK believes that the average gay man, aged 18 - 25, believes that HIV/AIDS is primarily an old gay man's disease". Gardner also believes that "young gay men who are just coming out and just becoming sexually active within the community, have received very little, if any, education in school, regarding the risks associated with gay sex, what is "safe sex", "safer sex" or unsafe sex". For the most part, according to Gardner, "young gay adults today are having to learn through trial and error and that is leading to many becoming infected".

Hot Desert Knights Productions challenges the Gay Adult Video Industry to produce a film, at least 30 minutes in length, targeted to gay men between the ages of 18 - 25 which depicts accurately how HIV is transmitted and treated, the effects and side effects of treatment, how to properly use a condom, what is considered "safe sex", "unsafe sex" and what is "safer sex", how to properly use a condom and any other information deemed necessary to create an effective awareness film about HIV/AIDS for young gay men.

Hot Desert Knights Productions hereby pledges $5,000 to this project and challenges other major studios such as Raging Stallion, Falcon, Catalina, Titan Media, Hot House, Bel Ami, Jet Set Productions, All Worlds, Channel 1 Releasing, Chi Chi Larue's Rascal Video, Colt, Unzipped Video, Lucas Entertainment, Citiboyz Video, Jet Set, Pacific Sun and other major studios to match their donation of $5,000. According to Gardner, "who better than the Gay Adult Video Industry, with assistance from the proper medical authorities, to prepare a film that will be both erotic and educational and which will reach and impact the gay youth of today?"

HDK also challenge smaller studios to donate what they can, be that $500 or $1,000 and issues a challenge to models and directors, to donate their time to produce such a film.

Further, HDK challenges the industry to provide this film free of charge to any gay man over the age of 18 or to any HIV/AIDS assistant organization requesting a copy.

The funds raised though this challenge will be used by the industry to produce the film, create an effective advertising campaign and then to purchase advertising space (hopefully at a reduced rate) in the popular national and local gay magazines which cater to young gay men to advertise its availability. In addition, all of those who agree to participate in the production will also agree to provide the video/dvd free to every customer who purchases a video/dvd from their company, or at least, in the case of a dvd, to include it as a separate menu item on each dvd.

Lastly, HDK suggests that a neutral party, such as Adult Video News (AVN) or another respected industry publication such as Cybersocket, step forward and volunteer to create an account to hold and dispense funds and coordinate the efforts of the studios to complete this project. A committee consisting of industry leaders can meet and plan the creation of the film and meet with the medical community to obtain valid information to be in the film.

Until such time as a neutral party has stepped forward to hold the funds and coordinate this effort, we would ask any studio interested in participating in this project to contact Bill Gardner to confirm their participation and make their pledge.

Bill Gardner
    Hot Desert Knights Productions, LLC
    ph 866 488-3090
    fax 760 416-9923
    Email: bill@hotdesertknights.com
    I think this is a great idea on their part, it shows that even though they produce movies featuring baebacking they still want to promote the safe sex message to their sites following and to the industry overall :thumbsup:

Regards,

Lee

BDBionic
    I also think it's a great idea. I've seen several people on other boards calling it a "smokescreen" and what not. Comparing it to the tobacco industry running anti-smoking ads.
    Now, I'm not going to debate whether or not those arguments have merit.
    Ultimately, if in fact studios commit to this, implement this campaign and actually do what it is HDK has suggested... it could very well make a beneficial impact on the gay community.
    A video such as that, distributed through those means and freely available to a public that's demonstrated an interest in sexual activity, would be a good thing. I hope other studios recognize, acknowledge and act on that - as opposed to being motivated by politics or their feelings towards who initiated the idea.

seems like people analyze motivations for things to death. and in the end, all you can be left with is possiblities - you cannot know what others are actually thinking.

if HDK are willing to help pay for and lead the way for such a beneficial thing, that's the bottom line to me.

shouldn't the bottom line be the lives that can be saved, not whether there is a secondary reason?

AusCoding Allan
    I think this is a fantastic idea. It should not only be done it should be done soon, to that end OzUnderwear will be contributing to this, (we're not huge but we would still like to contribute). Where do we send the cheque?

Regards,

Allan

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

Responses to HDK's Challenge

News Release from HDK May 14, 2004

Original Release May 1, 2004: Hot Desert Knights Productions pledges $5,000 and challenges other Gay Adult Video Industry to match this amount in order to Produce and Distribute Free a film targeted to young gay males regarding Safer Sex Practices and HIV/AIDS Transmission

Hot Desert Knights Productions is pleased to announce that several firms have responded to the challenge to produce a film regarding Safer Sex Practices and HIV/AIDS Transmission targeted to young gay men between the ages of 18-25.

Chris Ward at Raging Stallion http://www.ragingstallion.com , Dick Wadd Studios, http://www.dickwadd.com and BT Productions, http://www.yngmen.com/ have offered financial support, production, filming and distribution resources in order to produce and distribute the film. In addition, Dog Gone Media, http://www.doggonemedia.com , a division of BadPuppy.com, has offered to stream the film on their Members and Non-Members side of the site for all young gay men to watch at no charge in order to make the distribution of the film as wide as possible. Blakey St. John of http://www.bionicpixels.com has agreed to deign and host a website where the film will be streamed and young gay men can go to watch it for free.

According to Bill Gardner, Co-Owner of Hot Desert Knights.com; "It is extremely gratifying to know that these studios and websites agree that such a film needs to be produced and made available to those guys who have not yet been exposed to the education regarding HIV/AIDS that the older gay population has received." At the same time, according to Gardner, "It is extremely dis-heartening that the mainstream gay adult industry has, for the most part, totally ignored this idea, especially from the studios who have been so vocal about the issues of HIV/AIDS transmission and barebacking within the population." Gardner believes that the mainstream gay industry's lack of response only further proves the hypocrisy which exist within this industry when it comes to barebacking and HIV transmission. "The hypocrites in the industry want to act like they are above this issue, while they continue to churn out, re-package and market heavily "pre-condom" classics as fast as they can" according to Gardner. "Their is no difference between current bareback films and "pre-condom" films in the eyes of the young gay men who are watching them at home or in the bathhouses. The difference between current bareback producing studios and the mainstream gay adult producers who are selling "pre-condom" films is the fact that the bareback producers place appropriate warnings on the films and boxcovers to warn the viewer that the film is a fantasy and that every effort should be made to prevent the transmission of HIV", said Gardner.

Gardner says, "a SAFER SEX video will be made.....with or without the mainstream gay adult industry's assistance. The film will be available free to any gay man requesting it. If the "mainstream" adult gay industry is not willing to assist in this very important project then it's time that they stay silent about the increase in HIV transmission among the young gay population. Their re-packaging and marketing of "pre-condom" films, while complaining about current "bareback" films, speaks volumes about their real loyalties. Their actions speak louder than their words"
    __________________________________________________ ______________
    Hi Guys,

This was released on Friday, May 14th, and since that time OzMaleGalleries has offered to donate towards this project.

Thank you all for your kind words and Lee, thanks for inviting me to participate on the board.

Bill

Xstr8guy
    Welcome to GayWideWebmaters Bill! It's great to have you here... HDK is my favorite adult company.

www.HotDesertKnights.com hdkbill's Avatar

Yeah Thank You Xxtr8guy

It's a pleasure being here among friends and I look forward to some challenging conversation.

Thanks,

Bill

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Re: Responses to HDK's Challenge

Originally posted by hdkbill
    Thank you all for your kind words and Lee, thanks for inviting me to participate on the board.
    Not a problem Bill its good to have you here

Looking forward to getting to know you and HDK better over the coming months

Regards,

Lee

Smokescreen or no -- this is something that is certainly needed. I know that those aids information bulletins have been next to nil on the tv for some time, and many young straight men and women STILL think this is a gay only disease... or don't have accurate information on how it's transmitted.

I think that's the one thing I would like to see included - yes, it's aimed at the gay male -- but either in the movie or on the website, STRESS that it's not JUST a gay disease!!!

I'm applauding the HDK team for coming up with and pushing through the idea, and look forward to seeing the end result of such a multitude of talented individuals and companies.