Originally posted by Harlan
Brian, I just love these threads....

All righty basschick:

1) Honeydew or cantelope?
-----honeydew, for sure!!!--------

2) Mary, Rhoda or Phyllis?
-----rhoda------

3) What performer you would most like to see in concert?
-----

4) What do your kids do that bring you the most joy?
-----keep in mind that my kids are adults, and older than many people on the boards. i'm always happy to spend time with my son, and we share a lot of the same interests. we live only a couple minutes apart, and arie and i see him several times a week. my daughter isn't generally a joy-bringer, but we love her and try to help out when there's a real problem.

5) What was the biggest surprise to date of being a parent?
-----meeting my daughter. she was adopted at birth by my aunt and uncle, and they somehow got paranoid i would take her back, so they hid her. at 13, she decided she wanted to know her brother, so she called. we were astounded to hear from her!

[QUOTE][B]6) If you could change one thing about your body, what would that be?
----only one thing? rats!

7) What three events in your life to date have have been the most defining in terms of becoming the person you are now?
----my second pregnancy and labor - an unscrupulous and very religious doctor told me i wasn't pregnant so i couldn't get an abortion. this pregnancy fucked my life up for many years to come.

----years ago, i decided finally to try counseling. i got a referral and ended up with a man named roger - very cool, sort of hippy intellectual. the first time i saw him, he told me that maybe i should try the easy ways in my life (i certainly hadn't!). this sort of followed me and although i still overwork, over ten years later, i realize how much someone finally telling me i didn't have to work SO hard was pivotal.

----getting back to playing music again. i didn't play or sing for years. being a single mother and years of custody battles sort of took it away. then i found a little space, and the guitar and singing fit right back in. it's been 11 years, and i haven't stopped playing since *grin*