Thread: Nigritude Ultramarine SEO Challenge

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

WTF? Nigritude Ultramarine SEO Challenge

http://www.gaywidewebmasters.com/pre...ramarine.shtml

Nigritude Ultramarine SEO Challenge From Dark Blue And Search Guild.

Nigritude Ultramarine, That's the Google search term on many webmasters minds right now after the mainstream affiliate network Dark Blue teamed up with the SEO forum SearchGuild to launch a Google optimization contest.

Details of the Nigritude Ultramarine SEO contest were posted on the Search Guild forums on 07th May 2004 at 9am GMT which led to a surge of webmasters both adult and non adult setting their sights on the #1 Google listing for the search term Nigritude Ultramarine.

The Nigritude Ultramarine challenge apart from being a fun contest for members of Dark Blue and Search Guild also awards a couple of small prizes for the webmaster who is able to get the #1 listing in Google for the search term Nigritude Ultramarine on the 7th of June 2004 winning an Apple iPod and, the webmaster having the #1 listing on the 7th July 2004 for the search term Nigritude Ultramarine winning a 17" flat screen LCD monitor.

In addition to achieving the #1 spot for the 'new' term Nigritude Ultramarine the webmaster must also meet a couple of other criteria firstly, they must be a registered member on the Search Guild forums and secondly, they must also display a special graphic (which they can get from the Dark Blue affiliate network) which contains the webmasters username on the Search Guild forums for the Nigritude Ultramarine SEO competition.

For further information of the Google Nigritude Ultramarine Challenge you should head across to the Nigritude Ultramarine thread on the Search Guild forums or check out the Nigritude Ultramarine Challenge page on the Dark Blue affiliate network site.
    To see who currently has the #1 listing in Google for the search term Nigritude Ultramarine please click the following link.
    FYI..

http://64.233.161.98/search?q=nigrit...F-8&hl=en&meta

Less than a 24 hours to get a listing

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Okay after a little over a week of this contest going live have come to the conclusion that Google is fucked up LOL

This is why i have come to that conclusion..

1) After being the first site listed on the SERPs for the term 'Nigritude Ultramarine' for about 3 days the press release i wrote about the contest is no longer ranked ANYWHERE in Google for that search term :eek:

2) If you take a look at all 90k+ search results that do show up, 99.99% of them are nothing but pure spam.

This leads me to beleive one of two things have happened..

Firstly, Google realized that an adult site had the #1 listing for that search term and penalized us because of that. However in all honesty i do not think that this is the case afterall, the rest of the pages we have ranked in the SERPs do not appear to have been affected however..

Secondly, it could be possible that Google has penalized a single page on the GWW domains although, i honestly can not recall only a single page being penalized before.

Thirdly (and this is what i think is the most likely explanation) that Google has dropped the GWW page due to it not having enough keyword density or relevance to the term itself which in itself is quite worrying afterall, if 90k of the SERPs are nothing but pure spam, what does that tell us about the way Googles algorythm is currently working? :eek:

To me at least, it appears that the only page that isnt spamdexing Google to rank highly has been dropped in favor of results containing nothng but pure spam in other words...

If you want to get ranked in Googles search engine, you should create as many spam pages as possible and on the same pages have text that has nothing of relevance to the search term.

To see what i mean check out the results for 'Nigritude Ultramarine' yourself on Google, you have pages ranging from Homeland Security to Submarines to Recipes for alcoholic drinks showing up in the top 100.

Anyone have any other theorys on what has happened?

Regards,

Lee