Thread: opinions on my redesign please

opinions on my redesign please

I just completed a redesign for http://www.gayvideosplus.com - honestly the old design was not working that well and I am hoping that this new "reality" design will work better.

I would appreciate any comments you guys have. Oh, if you want to see what I replaced, you can check out the old tour at http://www.gayvideosplus.com/old.html

thanks,
    Luke

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    It looks good Luke

Personally i wouldnt play the preview videos on the tour but thats just me im sure it will do well for you and let us know if it works better than the old tour too

Regards,

Lee

Xstr8guy
    The new tour should convert better. The one thing I would try to improve is the image quality of the screen caps. Have you run them through a sharpening filter yet? If you rip the video to a larger size, than you can take a screen cap, sharpen, then resize. Your image should come out much cleaner.

thanks for the comments guys, I really value the opinions of others on this board quite highly. I will work on the image quality, for certain. And as for the video teasers, Lee, do you think it would work better without any teaser clips? Or should I make it only 1 video teaser on the join page or what do you suggest?

cheers,
    Luke

Originally posted by Chilihost
    thanks for the comments guys, I really value the opinions of others on this board quite highly. I will work on the image quality, for certain. And as for the video teasers, Lee, do you think it would work better without any teaser clips? Or should I make it only 1 video teaser on the join page or what do you suggest?

cheers,
    Luke
    I would try both babe in all honesty.

Run it for a month with teaser clips then run it for a month without.

Whichever works best for you use that version

Thats what i would and have done in the past anyway

Regards,

Lee

I got slammed by loads of people about the original blue bg colour, so I have updated it with one that is easier on the eyes. In the very short time it has been up, conversions are way better already.

cheers!
    Luke

Good to hear the changes are doing well for you Luke

Regards,

Lee