Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mini Paysite Affiliate Program

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    This is one of those classic catch-22's that come up from time to time. I think it makes alot of sense to try a different approach to selling content that is extremely hard to find. I've had great success with mens armpit sites (avs) over the years and there is definitely a market and tons of gay men just waiting for a premium site. I know because I'm one of them. But... in order to promote a site like this, you have to find webmasters who are actively promoting armpit sites to really get things going on an affiliate program. That's the problem and the catch-22. So far as I know, only a couple of webmasters are making armpit sites. You may have to go to the broader "fetish" group of webmasters and there isn't but a handful of them left either. You probably would have to go with the broader pool of webmasters and they will probably balk at the payouts.

I like the idea of the mini paysite with the $9.95 or less price point. If you do it right, you can keep guys rebilling forever. Unfortunately, an affiliate program might be hard to pull off using these numbers.

I was reading an article on xbiz talking about how a webmaster should think about a new url (domain) as a new business because our industry is in a consolidation phase. I have to agree with that assessment. I'm using this summer to develop a new site and consolidate everything into this one area that I think has huge potential. I will keep my husky site open because it has a great following and I don't have to promote it anymore. Now I can finally concentrate on the future for once.

Good luck with whatever you choose to do.:grin:
    Last edited by Huskyhunks; 05-11-2004 at 12:41 AM.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by basschick
    but i can make an avs site with the same niche and make more money and more rebills.

in fact, lee, i know this goes against anything most of us do, but why don't you make a series of premium sites at adultverifier or proadult and let us promote them? those two avs's have affiliate programs.
    How do you mean 'let you promote them' ?

Will those AEN systems allow you to promote other webmasters sites and get credited for the signups?

Regards,

Lee

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Actually so far as Pro Adult goes i wouldnt use them anywaybecause of this rule in their T.O.S:

Any recurring sponsors will not be accepted for this program since it is a recurring program itself.
    Nothing like shutting out your competition whilst screwing the webmaster in the process

Regards,

Lee

yes, those AEN systems allow you to promote other webmasters sites and get credited for the signups :-)

why don't you talk to proadult? they try to keep everything very local, but some say it's a good program.

or try adultverifier. tim has been sick, but the checks still go out on time. recurring isn't bad there... you DO need to mirror your tour pages, but that's not too bad...