Thread: Inside The Members Area?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Inside The Members Area?

Just wanted to get your opinion on the inside of paysite members area specifically, when it comes to the models being used on the paysite tours would you say it is better to ensure that the sets you used on the tour pages should appear first inside the members area or not?

I have been looking at a very various paysite members areas for the last couple of days and i would say that a good 90% or more of them dont actually have the models being used on the tours easily accessible inside their members area in fact, most of the sites i looked at, i couldnt find the models that were being used on the tours at all :eek:

So what are your thoughts on this? Should content used on tour pages be within the first few sets inside the members area?

Regards,

Lee

graphicsbytia
    It seems to me you're taking a chance of getting non renewing members when you don't have the tour content on the inside. It's beyond me why anyone would build a tour and not put the sets inside anyway.. it doesn't make sense

graphicsbytia
    I just re-read your post Lee.. and missed the point of what you were saying.. so let me start over..

the tour content is your star content.. the people that the surfer saw and decided to join with. So it'd make sense to feature them on the inside

I'd definately have those sets easily found ... most surfers click thru because they've seen a picture of a guy that they want more of.

Which is exactly what confuses me on TGP's getting pissy about using Sponsor content! It really does bug me to buy content to fit a site for a gallery just so the damn thing gets accepted, and knowing full well that the set isn't available if they join. To me, it's akin to false advertising, if that makes sense.

just yesterday i heard from a member who was looking for a guy on our tour. he said the entire reason he joined was to see this guy's video. friends of mine (non webmasters) have always been very angry when they join a paysite and the girl or guy they joined to see isn't there. they cancel their memberships. a couple have even charged back.

i've always thought having the models who grace your tour inside your member area is of primary importance.

randy
    I have never understood the point behind building sites with totally different content on the outside then in the inside. I mean what is the point? I always wonder why we treat the online world differently then lets say for brevity the magazine industry. Would you buy a magzine again that promised certain photo spreads and articles on the outside only to find less superior models and 10 year old articles on the inside?

I do not think so....

Since we shoot every week we make it incredible easy to find the different things on the tour of our site on the inside.

Milena Dickman
    Originally posted by LdyLnWolf1
    I'd definately have those sets easily found ... most surfers click thru because they've seen a picture of a guy that they want more of.

Which is exactly what confuses me on TGP's getting pissy about using Sponsor content! It really does bug me to buy content to fit a site for a gallery just so the damn thing gets accepted, and knowing full well that the set isn't available if they join. To me, it's akin to false advertising, if that makes sense.
    Definitely, and the surfer gets really pissed about. Every now and then I get member's e-mails looking for an specific full set he saw on a gallery, and when I check the url is other content than ours. When I explain to them it's not ours... well, they always get pissed, and there is nothing I can do.

kisses,

Milena

randy
    Believe me that happens to us..........And they use content that is exclusive to another paysite....WHY WOULD ANYONE DO THAT? WHAT'S THE POINT? I have had to deal with a couple of webmasters that take our exclusive hosted galleries and jack them up with content that is not exclusive to our site just because they like one particular model they have used time and time again that is not even on our site.

There is absolutley NO marketing sense behind it at all.

Milena Dickman
    Yep. they even might say: "Yeah, but if I have used your content I would not have made this sale..."
    That might be true, but as true as they might have lose a sale they would get if using one of our girls...

There is only one thing they can be sure of: they lose tons of rebills by doing that

Okay good so its not just me that thinks this is crazy

Regards,

Lee

On the same note, I will say it does make it hard for those that use the tgp route to push sales to a sponsor, and the sponsor hasn't updated their download content for their affiliates! I've got a couple sponsors now that haven't put up new stuff for 2 years for chrissake. Of course it's overused! Personally, any paysite owner should factor in taking a couple membership fees they collect each month and ear tag that to go expressely to getting a new set or two added into their affiliate content download area on a regular basis. Plus add a couple of new banners each month.

My 2 cents :groovy:

you know what i don't understand? why would you license a set of pics or a video, use a pic or two in the tour, and then NOT add it to your member area? it makes no sense at all!

AusCoding Allan
    So it's agreed then that there are some complete nutters out there who use images on their tours and then don't follow through in the members areas, I have to say that this disappoints me. It doesn't take a marketing whiz to work out that if people sign up based on your tour page then quite simply they are looking for the content that you displayed on your tour not other crap from somewhere else.

Cheers,

Allan

LOL Allan you have such a way with words

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    LOL Allan you have such a way with words
    What can I say except the four years of English Tutouring my parents paid for is really being put to exceptional use!

Cheers,

Allan