Thread: What Design Package Do You Use?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

What Design Package Do You Use?

Just figured i would throw this question out there to everyone (designers and non designers)

When making graphics for your sites what is your software package of choice?

Personally i prefer to use Adobe Photoshop because it was the first real software package i started to use after MS Paint

So how about the rest of you?

Regards,

Lee

Milena Dickman
    We use Adobe Photoshop all the way!

That's the best out there, definitely.

kisses,

Milena

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    I use Adobe PhotoShop and Image Ready in addition to FireWorks.
    I also find Illustrator comes in handy for creating logos or adding text
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Harlan,

How do you find the use of Fireworks?

Ive never been able to get the hang of it myself

Regards,

Lee

I'm a Fireworks users myself... occassionally I'll pop something into Corel's Painter for an effect ... I own Photoshop, but no clue how to use it.

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Lee,

FireWorks can do some great things Adobe can't do easily if at all, like adding shadows and glows and also fading images - which can be indespensible. You can come up with some of the same effects in Adobe but it takes much longer where they are already preprogrammed into FireWorks. Image ready, with it;s slicing and abilt to perform batch functions are two of the things that make it great and they are also my choice for optimization and making animated gifs.

Being so used to Adobe for so long, there was a bit of a learning curve at first but I find I use both programs now on a daily basis
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

I'm sure I could figure out Photoshop - but it's like time I don't have right now -- so I use what I understand. I do see some effects Photoshop seems to handle with some preprogrammed stuff that I haven't figured out how to mimik in Fireworks yet.... heck, there's so much going on in Fireworks I'm still figuring out all the toys it has, and I've been using it for over 5 years now!