View Poll Results: Would you have sex with someone who is HIV positive?

Voters
61. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, as long as condoms are used

21 34.43%
  • No, I would decline

28 45.90%
  • Not sure. I have never been confronted with that situation

12 19.67%
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Would you have sex with a guy who told you he was HIV Positive?

Big Hands/Big Feet=Expensive shoes & gloves!
    Quote Originally Posted by Squirt View Post
    I hate to see anyone with HIV feel this way, but you're not alone. Many in the Gay "community" are "lepers"

Ugly guys, real fat guys, bald fat guys, guys with kids, old guys, the long list goes on.

The fact that you have integrity and are honest with people is a strength that HIV cannot take away from you.

Thank you Squirt.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    no, i didn't expect you to say that. you seem to believe i am trying to demonize you but i really was curious.

Curious about WHAT? How I would feel? I don't think you really care that much about how I FEEL. You were trying to make a point that it's BAD to infect people..which it is. I just did NOT appreciate you picking me out and trying to put ME on the stop like that. If you can't understand that, then you seriously need to re-appraise how you approach people on sensitive issues.

Quote Originally Posted by basschick View Post
    i don't believe that my own opinions about my own choices should be turned into a discussion of what other people should do as i do not believe i am the arbiter of what other people should do in their lives. and that applies to ANY life choices, not just sexual ones.

But Basschick, that is exactly what you were doing when you were asking me about "how I would feel if I was fucking someone and the condom broke and they got infected"

To argue that you WEREN'T slanting hiv poz people away from hiv neg partners is an argument I don't buy.

Working hard to dominate the gay adult industry. JamesXR's Avatar
    Woah, it looks like some things have taken a turn to the personal. Honestly I don't see myself pursuing someone who's HIV+. It's one of those never say never situations where some attraction might develop unintentionally, but of all the people in the world I'd rather screen for people who aren't carrying any STDs. I don't really think that HIV stands out that much amongst all the others I'd rather not have. I never smoked a cigarette, because I didn't want to risk the slightest chance of addiction. It follows that I'd avoid sex with HIV+ people. Now if a friendship grew into something more serious, I might end up doing it.
    I do feel that strongly that carrying condoms is not enough. HIV+ people should carry condoms and a bottle of good lube. I think that lubrication lowers the chance of condom breakages. Furthermore I decree that all HIV- people who have sex with people whose status is unknown should carry condoms and good lube. While I'm decreeing, anyone who's not in a long term relationship and might possibly have sex somehow some way should carry condoms and good lube.

While I can't be sure that I'd never have sex with someone who's HIV+, I can be pretty sure that I wouldn't have sex with someone was overly sensitive and HIV+. Especially if that person was overly sensitive and mean to people who really didn't intend to offend. Then again, overly sensitive people would be unlikely to be interested in having sex with me.
    JamesXR
    Affiliate Relations for www.BoyZShop.com
    Yes, I do have what you're looking for.

how could i be slanting anyone to do anything if my statements pertain only to myself?

i'm a vegetarian, but people on this very board can tell you that when we go to lunches, i don't tell them what to eat or even suggest anything. heck, i've set up lunches at the sizzler and had salad with a bunch of men eating steak. my son and daughter and mother eat meat and not once have i tried to change their personal eating choices.

that being said, when i'm asked about my choices, i certainly will tell people what they are.

my personal choices are just that.

you are - and always were - completely free not to answer my questions or anyone else's in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansized View Post
    But Basschick, that is exactly what you were doing when you were asking me about "how I would feel if I was fucking someone and the condom broke and they got infected"

To argue that you WEREN'T slanting hiv poz people away from hiv neg partners is an argument I don't buy.

I think it can bring some discomfort, because you can not just let yourself go, always need to hold in mind which things you can do and which you can not... For example you can not contact with his sperm and presperm, because where is a lot of virus.