Thread: Lee .... we have learnt our lesson...

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar

Lee .... we have learnt our lesson...

Ok Lee,

We screwed up and approached this board the WHOLE wrong way.

And there was 2 of us, which makes it worse of course. And that can be compounded because we were both unawares we were doing the same thing.

So, for what it's worth, I'm sorry.

Now I could screw around and change my sig banner location and change the url to redirect or stuff, but I don't think that is in the spirit of the board.

I could have just emailed or phoned you and not put this out there, but I figured that eating a hunk of humble pie in public should be part of our penance.

And I think we probably deserved the slap across the face anyway.

I am a stand up guy and always take responsibility for my actions.

So.....

If I promise to pull my head in and not carry on, and share in the spirit of the board how about allowing our links to be visible again.

Keep me on double-secret probation for as long as you want.

So, pretty please with sugar on top, what say you?

Cheers

Lindsay
    a.k.a. CuriousToyBoy

:bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You need to change your sig banner to a 120x60

Regards,

Lee

Originally posted by Lee
    You need to change your sig banner to a 120x60
    Regards,
    Lee
    Hey Lee,

Thanks mate - I appreciate it

:groovy:

I'll get onto that banner thing straight away.

Look forward to meeting you in Florida.

Cheers

TheCompletelyContriteCuriousToyBoy

i think in your hopes of making a few extra bucks, you might have (hopefully temporarily) damaged your reputation with people.

the point of a board isn't that it's a billboard for advertising - it's a community. nobody minds an occasional announcement from a community member, but people who simply choose to use our community as a free advertising opp are very disappointing.

hopefully we'll see you both posting on other threads and issues so that we can get to know you each as a person.

Originally posted by basschick
    i think in your hopes of making a few extra bucks, you might have (hopefully temporarily) damaged your reputation with people.
    the point of a board isn't that it's a billboard for advertising - it's a community. nobody minds an occasional announcement from a community member, but people who simply choose to use our community as a free advertising opp are very disappointing.
    hopefully we'll see you both posting on other threads and issues so that we can get to know you each as a person.
    Howdy,

Nice to meet you and thanks for the advice.

Honestly, I agree with everything you said, and, although not a poster here before (but lurked often), and having been in this biz for near on 5 years, I should have known better. I am hardly a stranger to boards around the place.

That is the bottom line, and I accept we deserve the negative press.

So, people may view that negatively, and I respect that, but I also hope they recognize me as the type of guy who will stand up and be counted and take responsibility for his actions - be they good, bad or indifferent.

Bumping this post by responding to you is even more evidence of that I would think.

It was honest exhuberance on only my 2nd posting that pissed Lee off, and rightly so, as I said ay the beginning of this thread and again here.

I didn't come here as a quick hit and run, I camne to start a long term association with this board, and I intend that plan to continue.

So you WILL see me posting and sharing and hopefully getting to know you guys as you get to know me.

I am looking forward to meeting many of you in Florida.

And thanks again.

Scorpio
    mmm i think i missed an episode...

scorpio - it started like this
    http://forums.gaywidewebmasters.com/...&threadid=2447

CuriousToyBoy - i look forward to hanging with you on the board. i'm not going to florida - why don't we have a webmaster convention in l.a.???

Originally posted by Scorpio
    mmm i think i missed an episode...
    Hey Scorp,

Nice to meetcha mate.

You didn't miss much, just a case of over-the-top canning processed meat by yours truly a few days back.

I did the crime, I did the time, and luckily for me, Lee granted my parole.

:cop: :goof: