Thread: An Open Question To Traffic Brokers

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar

An Open Question To Traffic Brokers

Traffic brokers.... even against my better judgement I still sometimes test some of them, because I figure one day I may just stumble on one that may work.

I have logically always seen it this way...

If I had traffic that could make me more from sending to something myself than what I could sell it for, why the fuck would I sell it?

Over the past few years I have been "stung" by all the scams during my little phases of testing different sources:

- Paying for a bunch of hits and getting absolutely nothing sent, the straight rip off.

- Having some abacus based counting system which makes the 50k hits I paid for actually appear on my server as a LOT less.

- Checking server stats and discovering 1000's of hits from VERY similar IP ranges - gotta love a good hit bot!

- Getting some reasonable traffic and wondering what the source is, because they swore balck and blue it wasn't mail traffic... until the SPAM complaints come flooding in.

- Getting 50k sent to a gallery, landing page or somesuch and getting 20 click throughs, CJ hits are a dream aren't they?

- Finding someone half decent, getting some OK joins, making a couple of bucks and then they stop without warning (and keep your money of course!). That is the MOST annoying.

- Buying 100k and getting some nice numbers the first week. Buy another 100k a week for the next 3 weeks and getting jack shit. I call this the sucker sale.

Now over time, I have actually used 3 that were good, we communicated, they did what I paid for and they actuall answered emails and ICQ's along the way.

1 of those sent traffic that unfortunately proved unproductive for what I wanted, but that guy and I are still friends and he has his own sites and program now.

The other 2 are 2 of my best affiliates (and by best, I mean consistent as well as volume). When it became obvious that they would be making MORE than what I was paying if they were actually sending, we re-negotiated and cut a deal.

That is good business and consistent with why I think the situation is as it is - as I have described in this post.

Now it must be pointed out that I am not talking making huge numbers out of traffic broker deals, that is just not reality, but if I spend $100 on traffic and make $110, consistently on average, well a 10% return on my money is just fine thanks. It is also understood that a one hit purchase does not have statistical significance, there has to be some time over which to draw relevant averages and establish performance.

IF there are any brokers out there who want to prove me wrong, AND who are prepared to commit to a reasonable test over a reasonable time period, hit me up, because I would obviously commit for the rest of time to buying from you.

I won't hold my breath for the call.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    If you do a search of the forums youll actually find a couple of posts about traffic brokers that some of our community members have used in the past that they actually swear by.

You might want to give some of them a test :groovy:

Regards,

Lee

I'm A Confirmed Trisexual CuriousToyBoy's Avatar
    Lee,

Excellent idea which I will put to the test. I did just want to see who was out and about and willing to rise to the challenge!

Not many as you can see :-)

Cheers