Thread: Feeder sites and link lists

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar

Feeder sites and link lists

Does anyone still use them ? I made some last month and they failed miserably. The traffic came solely from link lists. I don't really visit link lists anymore. I actually look at tgp's more often because the content is better.

I owe most of my rebills to link list traffic over the years, but I really don't think that feeder sites are worth the trouble anymore. What other sources of traffic are working for you now ?

:thinking:
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    I use feeder site to test out new concepts so far as niches and paysites that surfers want to see go.

Most of the traffic going to these feeder sites come from the search engines so for example, if get a heap of visits from the SE's to a site about lesbian transsexual midgets then i know thats what surfers are looking for.

Now, if on these same feeder sites i get sales appearing then i know i have pretty much struck gold so far as getting a new paysite or two developed

I think from the average webmasters point of view though, feeder sites are becoming less productive than they once were of course, thats not to discount them as a revenue / traffic stream altogether but i do think that feeder sites should be created with a sole purpose in mind either to find out what your surfers are looking for or, to garner sales from the surfers once you know what they want.

Now from the TGP / Link List point of view and the traffic they provide since virtually day one i have made a point of not using that traffic to build sales but rather using it to build my own traffic base whether that be on my own fake or real tgp sites or avs sites etc.

Personally i agree with you on the aspect that feeder sites, in the more generalized sense of the word are not as effective as what they used to be however, by experimenting with these feeder sites and for example, changing the individual keywords on them you can get both statistics and sales which no matter what type of traffic you are running through your sites is mre valuable than just sales alone imho.

Regards,

Lee

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    Thanks for the reply and a wealth of information that you included. I read it several times and it seems that while lazy webmasters like myself were cutting and pasting cloned sites, you were busy analyzing and building your traffic base.

They say hindsight is 20/20 and well, I can't believe I was selling 10 to 20 memberships a day and I didn't take the time to understand why I was being successful :goof:

But.. back to the feeder site situation. It seems that the real value of these sites now comes from their utilization of as an analytical tool. In the early days, I did use them to see what was "hot". Since pretty much every niche has been exploited to some degree, that isn't a concern anymore.

I guess their relevancy depends on the ultimate goal(s) of the individual webmaster. Right now, I can't think of anything they would be good for in my situation. They have about a 7 day expiration date now which doesn't help since I'm mostly going for initial sales and rebills :ohoh:
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Huskyhunks
    I guess their relevancy depends on the ultimate goal(s) of the individual webmaster. Right now, I can't think of anything they would be good for in my situation. They have about a 7 day expiration date now which doesn't help since I'm mostly going for initial sales and rebills :ohoh:
    Well even if they have a 7 day expiration from a traffic perspective, by making sure you change all your target keywords and metas on each of the feeders, you might find that although they may not deliver traffic en mass as it were, you get some long term residual niche specific traffic to 'play' with

Regards,

Lee