Thread: AdCycle

Dzinerbear

AdCycle

Hi all,

Just wondering about AdCycle and if anyone here is using it. Before I buy it, I want to get some feedback.

First, I notice on the site that it's not being developed any further, is that a problem?

Second, here's what I'm looking for, is this essentially what AdCycle does?

I have 400 sites that I need to ad banners to. I want a series of six banners to rotate on these sites and pages. When AdCycle talks about creating a campaign, do you essentially load up six banners in a master file, then place some code on the site that "plays" that campaign?

If I want to change one of those banners, I'm assuming I do it in the master file and it's done on all 400 sites?

If AdCycle doesn't do these things, can someone recommend another program?

Thanks
    Dzinerbear

Chris Alan
    I know we are using AdCycle. I'm sure Lee can answer any questions for you. When he gets on line. :groovy:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Michael as Chris mentioned we use Adcycle on all of the GA Media resource properties.

Basically it works like this...

You set it up on your server and name several 'groups' these groups for example in our system all correlate to the individual resources so for example, on GWW we have 7 groups present:

Top banner spot
    Annual forum spot
    Annual directory spot
    4 button spots

The next thing you do is to set the default sizes of the banners / buttons so either 468x60 10x60 or whatever size you want to use.

Once you have your 'groups' defined you can then go about adding 'advertisers' to your groups you add the advertisers individually again however in your instance you would add the advertisers as the paysite names so for example..

Black Male Studs
    Fraternity Dudes
    DILF
    Solo Males
    Uncut Dudes

That would give you 5 advertisers in the database.

You then give each of these advertisers a 'campaign' (banner).

Then all you need to do is place the script generated code in your pages wherever you want the ads to appear and select which campaigns appear in which groups

You are also correct in your assumption on how Adcycle works with the advertisers.

You can change and add banner to each 'campaign' at will so that is for example, TopBucks on the forum sponsorship wants to pull thei banner and change them out to their Plug In Feeds banners you change a single setting and that change then becomes instant on whichever sites use the code / campaign you just changed.

Adcycle actually has a free 30 day trial available on their site you might like to try and if you get any questions while plaing with the script feel free to post away and ill help you as best i can

Regards,

Lee

Dzinerbear
    Thanks, appreciate it.
    Dzinerbear