Thread: Today on The Darren Austin Show

Darren Austin

Today on The Darren Austin Show

Do you think that Internet radio has become saturated?

We will be talking about this on today's show.
    Please post your thoughts here on the board about this topic and feel free to call into the show and shre your thoughts.
    If your post gets read on the air , you will win a fabulous give away from XXXPress toys.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    To be honest Darren i dont think it is a case of radio shows becoming oversaturated more that many of them dont address webmaster related topics which was their whole premise when launching.

Although that being said, to a point i can understand why many of them turn into gossip shows with the hosts friends afterall, there are only so many times the same guest can appear on each show with similar topics before they become stale.

However one thing that i do think we are going to start seeing more of, are Webmaster TV shows such as alytv.com this is a medium that, if used properly in an educational manner has a much wider reach than what web radio has to both webmasters and surfers

Thats my $0.02 anyway

Regards,

Lee

Darren Austin
    Very well put Lee I agree.
    However I assume I was not in the shows that you were mentioning.
    When I started I never really focused on Webmasters only , I always mixed it up which I still do.
    Valued point that you made, thank you for sharing that. I don't think that you can win , However I will have to read this on the air though.

Aly_AVN
    I agree... and disagree, Lee! (...yippee?...)
    (sorry, I can't help myself sometimes.)

I don't think all webmaster radio shows NEED be specifically adult-webmaster-related in topic, OR at all educational.

Webmasters are an audience for which strictly webmaster-relevant and educational stuff is appreciated, but it's not at all absolutely necessary, or even a good idea, to consider that ALL shows should focus ONLY on such things. The webmaster community is not only a business community, but also a microcosm of the larger world. Webmasters are not only looking to be informed and educated, but are as equally in need of entertainment as any other community.

So... If I were, for example, going to start my own broadcasting network with an initial audience of adult webmasters... I'd see it as logical to develop a mix of radio and/or video shows that included one end of the spectrum to the other. Hey, some webmasters like Jerry Springer, too! (actually, possibly more so than average!)

:bandana:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Originally posted by Aly Python
    I don't think all webmaster radio shows NEED be specifically adult-webmaster-related in topic, OR at all educational.
    I agree with you on that Aly however, shows that are initially billed as 'educational' IMHO should be just that.. educational for the listeners. in much the same way as if you tuned into a classical music radio station, you wouldnt expect to hear hard rock or punk songs being played.. they have their audience of listeners that tune in SPECIFICALLY for classic music just as the 'educational' radio shows tune in to listen for help and advice.

Turning the show into a gossip column for the host when they are supposed to be offering help and advice is no good for the show or, utlimately, the shows listeners.

The past year has seen some shows that were supposed to be educational fall flat on their face for that same reason or because the show host didnt know what they were talking about.

Another thing that i find personally annoying is if im told a certain guest will be on a specifc show... you get into the chat room and they arent there because there was no forward planning on the hosts part fortunately that doesnt seem to be happening as much as it used to but then the radio show where it happened a lot is no longer around.. cant think why LOL

Regards,

Lee

Aly_AVN
    Originally posted by Lee

Another thing that i find personally annoying is if im told a certain guest will be on a specifc show... you get into the chat room and they arent there...
    Ah... yes! That's proving to be an interesting challenge with a video show. If guests don't show up to the studio, or are late, it's a definite challenge! :bandana:

Darren Austin
    I get really upset and I know that other hosts have felt this, I think that we all go through this.
    It is also really hard on the host when we have planned then at the last minute the guest is MIA, drives me insane.

TheLegacy
    well maybe its my internet radio dial.. but how many shows are educational out there??

I know several who would love to go through a photoshop or flash tutorial weekly - or traffic talk, yet the majority is all about niches and speaking of non adult market related topics.

The other point is that when I go into a room, I see basically the same people. Why arent we reaching the supposed thousands of webmasters that we are told are out there - are they all part timers?? or too busy to even look at an adult board much less go into a industry news radio show??

HeatherF
    Darren,

I see your in Charlotte, I will be flying into CLT next Tuesday and driving up to Salisbury. Can I catch your show on the radio while I'm there?

Darren Austin
    Heather that is awesome, you should stop by and see the AEBN family ono travels, I would love to meet you.
    For now , you can actually catch my show at http://www.thedarrenaustinshow.com brought to you by ABEN Radio.

Soon the show will be on Television.

let me know should you have time to stop by here!

HeatherF
    Darren, I would love to stop and visit. I am going up to see my son, but he is in school each day until 2:30. So that gives me time to visit some. I know Charlotte isn't far from Salisbury, so the drive will be easy. I will be there Tuesday evening and I come back Saturday morning. Let me know what day is good for you? (except Wednesday it is his b-day)