Thread: How Does Gay Mainstream Differ From Gay Adult?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

How Does Gay Mainstream Differ From Gay Adult?

More importantly, do you do any gay specific marketing for your mainstream sites (if you have any?).

We are actually about to start working on some mainstream business items in the coming weeks / months and to be honest, even at this early stage we are noticing some very significant differences.

Have any hints or tips you would like to share with the board?

A good tip that i have found out is that even though we in adult consider things such as penis pills and the likes part of our industry, if you market them correctly they can work wonders in the mainstream side of the gay market too

Regards,

Lee

Scott

hmmmmm

The first question we should all ask ourselves is....have we been advertising with Scott at Cybersocket? Hee hee...but honestly, advertising is a big part of letting people know what products or services you have available......................:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Re: hmmmmm

Originally posted by Cyberscott
    The first question we should all ask ourselves is....have we been advertising with Scott at Cybersocket? Hee hee...but honestly, advertising is a big part of letting people know what products or services you have available......................:bulb: :bulb: :bulb: :bulb:
    Who are you?

Actually i have that media kit you sent and its being looked at in the next few days so you will be hearing from one with a decision shortly babe

Regards,

Lee

Scott

LOL

Hoooray! I will have everyone join the board and advertise with me or Jake..........:leather: :leather: :leather: :leather:

TheLegacy
    what about janice??

BDBionic
    The biggest difference I've noticed between the gay and the mainstream/straight markets is...

... the revenue potential in the straight market is infinitely larger! hehe. but that's never been a secret.

Lee, mainstream is way bigger than gay, but there is also way more competition. I think mainstream is great but to be successful you really really have to niche your market. Facials, big dicks, lesbians and bi sites seem to be rather hot right now.

I have a teen site up now and it is not doing that great, but I don't really promote it. Overall, I have noticed that gay traffic tends to retain better, prolly due to the smaller amount of good choice sites. And its funny cuz you can market gay to straight but never try going the other way.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,

Luke