Thread: Suspicious Package Found At Gay Marriage Rally

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?

Suspicious Package Found At Gay Marriage Rally

(Hartford, Connecticut) Hartford and state police are investigating the contents of a suspicious canister discovered Sunday at a rally in support of gay marriage at the Connecticut Capitol.

The canister was found on the steps of the building where more than 700 people were calling on legislators to enact legislation to legalize same-sex marriage in the state.

An area immediately surrounding the spot where the package was discovered was evacuated. A special police unit wearing hazardous material suits removed the canister and took it to a state lab for testing.

Police say no one was injured and none in the crowd showed any symptoms of exposure to a dangerous substance.

A 50 year old man identified by police as Edgardo Rivera was arrested. He is being held on a ten-thousand dollar bond. Police say he was part of an anti-gay demonstration organized by a group of local churches opposed to same-sex marriage.

Police report several scuffles and taunting back and forth between the two demonstrations but there were no arrests.

Many at the pro-gay rally, carried signs that read "Make love legal in Connecticut" and "Love is tender and knows no gender," said they would wed as soon as legally possible.

The protests came as Massachusetts was preparing to issue the first legal marriage licenses in the country to same-sex couples.

Connecticut Attorney General Richard Blumenthal has said he will release his opinion on the legality of same-sex marriage in the state on Monday.

Massachusetts Gov. Mitt Romney has said couples who do not own property in that state, or who can't marry in their home states, will not be issued licenses. (story)

http://www.365gay.com/newscon04/05/051704connDemo.htm

So sad that these individuals have to resort to violence to get thier views across

Regards,

Lee

I am straight, but my ass is gay jIgG's Avatar
    personal experience has thought me religious nuts are the nastiest when it comes to enforcing their own point of view.