Thread: Mosquito Treatment

Macho 411

Post Mosquito Treatment

Pass this on to anyone who likes sitting out in the evening or when they're having a cook out. So you don't like those pesky mosquitoes, especially now that they have the potential to carry the West Nile Virus? Here's a tip that was given at a recent gardening forum.

Put some water in a white dinner plate and add a couple drops of Lemon Fresh Joy dish detergent. Set the dish on your porch, patio, or other outdoor area. Not sure what attracts them, the lemon smell, the white plate color, or what, but mosquitoes flock to it, and drop dead shortly after drinking the Lemon Fresh Joy/water mixture, and usually within about 10 feet of the plate.

Check this out---it works just super! May seem trivial, but it may help control mosquitoes around your home, especially in the South and elsewhere where the West Nile virus is reaching epidemic proportions in mosquitoes, birds, and humans.

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Macho.. look at you, you've turned into Hint's from Heloise over there.

Actually I'm going to try that. The little bastards are all over down here.

Thanks for sharing,
    Gary

Macho 411
    Me no likie those blood sucker

then need to learn how to suck some other things...:whip:

She's a lesbian, that's what I'm here to talk about! BradleyFL's Avatar
    What a great tip.

I also heard an from a friend in the Army that if you are going outdoors for anything like camping or whatever, you can suck on a match, it tasty nasty but it only takes a minute, then the sulphur gets in you blood stream and comes out your pores. They hate it so they stay away from you. I thought it sounded crazy but it works and the soldiers do it all the time when they are going to be outside for a long time. :groovy:

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    We are usually lucky when it comes to the mosquitos because the city sprays every moth for them however, as Gary mentioned they are ALL over the place now because there hasnt been any spraying for a month or two

Sucks when bugs ruin an otherwise peacful surrounding

Regards,

Lee

AusCoding Allan
    The other option is to burn Western Australian Sandalwood sticks, they work a treat, don't know if you can get them in the US but we have huge troubles with them in summer, you can also get a geranium that emits citronella oil when you squirt it with the hose. Also has a fairly good effect.

Cheers,

Allan