Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Get To Know... Gary Alan!

Chris Alan
    Originally posted by 123Jason

When you see me in Hollywood...what's the first thing you'd like me to do?

No fair, I didn't get that question. LMAO

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Originally posted by Xstr8guy
    Grower or Shower?
    Since I gained a lot of weight I'm a grower :crybaby:

But when I'm down to my normal size... BABEEEE I'm a SHOW-ER!

LMAOPIP

GA

If you could snap your fingers and change from being gay to straight, would you? and why yes or no.

what's your favorite cuss word?

what sound do you like the most? the least?

What do you forsee yourself doing in 5 years, 10 and 20 years from now?

Do you and Lee want to raise a kid or 2?

Do you find it hard to set boundaries on demands for your time?

What do you like to do best for relaxation?

And my standard question: you have the Magik Lamp, rub it and tell us what 3 wishes you'd like granted.

If you could snap your fingers and change from being gay to straight, would you? and why yes or no.
    No! To be honest, despite the pitfalls (like prejudice, bashing, misconception about being gay, etc) I enjoy the company I stand with. It has not been easy. But, it has opened me up to experiences and possibilities that I, honestly, think I would have never had if I were straight. My life has been filled with creative, dramatic, flamboyant, extravagant, beautiful people (both gay and straight). I couldn’t wish that away for anything. I could actually go on and on about this. I think you get my drift The bottom line is, I'm happy with me.

What's your favorite cuss word?
    Cock-sucking-mother-fucker (hyphens added to make one word LOL)

What sound do you like the most? the least?
    The sound of children laughing is my favorite. The sound I despise is the yelp a dog makes when she or he gets hurt (hits me in the heart).

Do you and Lee want to raise a kid or 2?
    I know I do LOL Actually the answer is yes. We have discussed it. But I know that rearing a child will be my responsibility. Lee will make a great dad he just doesn’t realize it yet. I watch him with my nieces and nephew and he's great. However, if raising our Labrador is any indication, both daddies will spoil a child raised in this home to the point of rotten. LOL

What do you forsee yourself doing in 5 years, 10 and 20 years from now?
    You know I haven't given it much thought since I left corporate America. I made plans for life then. I don’t plan like that anymore. But if I give it a try…

5 years living here in FL working, with better cars in the drive way, a cleaning person and a pool LOL Lee and I raising a child as a married couple.

10 years playing the role of Soccer Dad with a company that runs well without me but still needs me. I’d love to see Lee and I playing ‘proud Dads’ at the school plays and such - with out fear of hard on prejudice.

20 years… I sold GA Media for a trillion and a half, Lee and I were on the cover of Fortune LOL Our baby is getting ready for college and we're all involved. Lee and I are getting ready to go to our mountain house, or our villa in the Caribbean for a few weeks with friends.

Wishful thinking? I hope not.

Do you find it hard to set boundaries on demands for your time?
    I can set boundaries? I didn't know that! LOL As that may suggest I have a very difficult time doing it. I need to learn how to say not now. I am getting better but I still have a difficult time with it. Especially when those I have to do it to get all pissy about it.

What do you like to do best for relaxation?
    I can relax? LOL Unfortunately, as you can guess from the answer above relaxation time is at a minimum. Even of I'm sitting watching TV I'm thinking about what needs to be done and when I need to get it done by. There are those occasions that I just have to leave the house and get away. Then I walk down to the beach and just listen.

And my standard question: you have the Magik Lamp, rub it and tell us what 3 wishes you'd like granted.
    1 - World order. Not just world peace, but a planet where we all understand each other's differences and coexist well (and not an order in a dominating creepy Ayn Rand sort of way).

2 - The knowledge and strength to make as much money as I can without compromise. I honestly wouldn't just wish for money.

3 - When the time comes, that my family (and those I call my family) can pass to the other side content, happy and have no regrets.

AusCoding Allan
    Firstly let me say OMG this is a long post and I've only been away for a day and a half!

2ndly the questions.

1. If (I love if questions) you had to select one item of food to consume for the rest of your life what would it be?

2. You're on a desert island, you have lee, a sheep and a goat. who or what do you eat first?

3. Name your ultimate holiday (NB: you have a tema of the world's best administrators in place while you're away).

Cheers,

Allan

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    Indeedy, is it good to have Brian back,,,I love these threads!

All righty, Chris-Alan,

1) Potatoes: baked, fried or mashed?

2) Potent Potables: beer, wine or liguor?

3) Icons: Judy, Liza, Bette, Babs or Ms. Ross? (In addition to Roz of course)

4) If you could see one disease irradicated from the face of the planet the way small pox was, what whould that be?

5) If you had to list your bio with not words but 5 song titles, which 5 songs would best convey who you are?

6) Your'e the lucky winner of $1000 door prize at your favorite store: what store would that be and what would you sepned the money on?

7) SInce you're my neighbor here in sunny Florida, if you had a vacation hideawy you and Lee could sneak off too every so often, where would that be?
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com

Originally posted by basschick
    that was a GREAT story - it really threw me into my time machine 'cause i hit the web in 96, and ynot was where i first got info.

thanks for telling it to us :-) and thanks for creating this great community!
    Bass you're welcome Like I said not many people have asked me about this and I love telling it LOL

We're you an official member of YNOT back then? I remember doing all I could to get enough traffic together to send in so I could become a full member. I always wanted access to the 'scpecial' board HAHAHAHA

My best,
    Gary-Alan

Jason
    GA...I would like to say thank you, for so many things. Thanks for your honesty and candor. Thanks for your strength and perseverence. Thanks for your kindness, compassion, understanding and empathy.

You said that one of your favorite things is when someone lets you know they've gotten something back from this board. Please know that this community has truly provided me, not only with professional connections and business experience, but also with friends, creative outlets, new experiences and a new way of viewing myself and my community that I have found nowhere else.

You also hope when you die to have touched lives in a positive way. I'm certain you know that you have, but you will never know the far reaching extent of influence you have had in the world. None of us will. Drop a pebble.... Gary, I have been on a new journey of self discovery and I'm striving to become a better man, the man I want to be. In no small way, you exhibit many of the qualities I work toward in my own life. Everyone in my life is affected by this, and the people in their lives affected in turn. So please, if you are certain of nothing else, know that you have made the world a better place and we love you for it.

I'm going to be counting on that big GA hug.

1. If (I love if questions) you had to select one item of food to consume for the rest of your life what would it be?
    Potatoes just because I can LOL

2. You're on a desert island, you have lee, a sheep and a goat. who or what do you eat first?
    If I really think about it, after EATing Lee - I’d have to eat him. I can make clothes from the sheep’s wool; I can get milk from a goat; but all Lee would do is bitch he has sand in his shorts. (Sorry baby I love you!!!!)

3. Name your ultimate holiday (NB: you have a tema of the world's best administrators in place while you're away).

My ultimate holiday is a world tour. Cross the Atlantic on a ship, start in northern Europe and make my way down and across the continents - Europe to Africa to Asia to China and then down the pacific to Japan then onto New Zealand and Australia. And to do this as a leisurely pace, months (if not years) and hold a Canadian Passport while I do it because as an American I’ll get shot on site in some places – for sure.

Pixxxel
    I'm new here, but I had a few questions

Peanut butter: creamy or chunky?

Favorite fast food restaraunt?

Holiday you dread the most?

Telemarketers: Hate them, or sympathize with their situation?

Pepsi or Coca Cola?

That's about it :p

Michael

1) Potatoes: baked, fried or mashed?
    Mashed, definitely.

2) Potent Potables: beer, wine or liguor?
    Wine – a nice Merlot or an Australian Chardonnay

3) Icons: Judy, Liza, Bette, Babs or Ms. Ross? (In addition to Roz of course)
    Bette for me babe.

4) If you could see one disease irradicated from the face of the planet the way small pox was, what whould that be?
    This is a tough one, Harlan. I actually had to read it out loud. My first, and immediate, answer is cancer(s).

5) If you had to list your bio with not words but 5 song titles, which 5 songs would best convey who you are?
    This is a good one, Harlan!
    ‘My Immortal’ –Evanescence
    ‘I Hope You Dance’ – Leann Rimes
    ‘Rose’s Turn’ from the musical Gypsy (Roz!)
    ‘I Did It My Way’ -Sinatra
    ‘Of this Land’ - Clannad

6) Your'e the lucky winner of $1000 door prize at your favorite store: what store would that be and what would you sepned the money on?
    I would want it to be Best Buys and I can buy electronics, CDs and gadget.

7) SInce you're my neighbor here in sunny Florida, if you had a vacation hideawy you and Lee could sneak off too every so often, where would that be?
    Well since we live down the road from the beach, and tropical is covered I’d say I would love a house in the mountains. Since I’m from NY/NJ I was always partial to the Pocono Mountains; However, Georgia has some beautiful mountain areas and is so much closer LOL.

Peanut butter: creamy or chunky?
    It’s creamy for me!

Favorite fast food restaraunt?
    Lee and I are trying to diet and you ask this LMAOPIP Actually my all time favorite is Long John Silvers

Holiday you dread the most?
    I’ve always dreaded Christmas. And with my aunt dying so close to Christmas last year, it’s going to be even tougher.

Telemarketers: Hate them, or sympathize with their situation?
    I really hate them, but I’m the type who will answer questions for survey takers only because they’re not selling me anything.

Pepsi or Coca Cola?
    Actually I’ll drink 69 cents cheap Celeste cola if I have to LOL I drink Coca Cola otherwise

Originally posted by 123Jason
    GA...I would like to say thank you, for so many things. Thanks for your honesty and candor. Thanks for your strength and perseverence. Thanks for your kindness, compassion, understanding and empathy.

You said that one of your favorite things is when someone lets you know they've gotten something back from this board. Please know that this community has truly provided me, not only with professional connections and business experience, but also with friends, creative outlets, new experiences and a new way of viewing myself and my community that I have found nowhere else.

You also hope when you die to have touched lives in a positive way. I'm certain you know that you have, but you will never know the far reaching extent of influence you have had in the world. None of us will. Drop a pebble.... Gary, I have been on a new journey of self discovery and I'm striving to become a better man, the man I want to be. In no small way, you exhibit many of the qualities I work toward in my own life. Everyone in my life is affected by this, and the people in their lives affected in turn. So please, if you are certain of nothing else, know that you have made the world a better place and we love you for it.

I'm going to be counting on that big GA hug.

With tears in my eyes... Thank you, Jason.

Love you,
    Gary

You've echoed a lot of what I was thinking about Gary and all he's achieved, in life and in business Jason, beautifully said.

... and just wanted to say I'm one of those ripples Gary ... your life IS like a pebble dropped into a pool of water, and I'm glad our ripples merged for a time in their journies.

Ounique
    Okay, I'm very busy and there is sooooo much good reading here. I'm gonna have to check this out over the weekend. But I wanted to stop by and let y'all know I was here.