Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2000charge - another one bites the dust

BDBionic
    Originally posted by Huskyhunks

I lost thousands of dollars worth of rebills simply because I won't give into dishonest business practices that Visa institutes. There is such a thing as principle to stand on, which might come as a surprise with all the nepotism that occurs here, it may just be clouding alot of good judgement.
    And that's a business decision you chose to make.
    Accusations of nepotism and lack of principle aside, if someone denies themselves thousands of dollars and access to the majority of potential consumers over $750, losing money on account of that is fault of their own.
    This is a business. Many of us are fortunate enough to be involved in an industry that also gives us personal enjoyment and like what we do beyond just what falls within professional terms, but it's still about business.
    It comes down to bottom lines and red vs. black. And whether or not people can afford to pay their bills at the end of the day while still making a profit. I'm not sure any of us do what we do for sake of charity.
    Good judgement? Kissing thousands of dollars goodbye for sake of debated principle? I'd question that kind of judgement.
    Last edited by BDBionic; 05-24-2004 at 06:30 PM.

mansites-craig
    Here goes with a few responses.... then I am going to let this thread go.

Xst8guy: While some free avs's have done some shady things we have been the only one that is still approved by CCBill.com due to way we treat our surfers. I am proud how we treat our surfers, and we have it set up on the new site where I will work with them personally.
    We don't play games, our members get a free membership for one year, and the only upsell they get is a free three day trial that they can cancel at anytime without ever getting billed, while still keeping the one year membership. No Tricks, see for yourself. We all know how easy it is to cancel with ccbill and we additionally run 24/7 live support for our surfers and webmasters. Our retention speaks for itself.

In regards to Husky Hunks message, you condemn Visa, yet you want THEIR customers! That's right, Their customers, not yours. Visa lends the surfer the money to buy your product, so if you don't like their policies, don't take Visa! If you truly believe they came after the adult market due to a loss of a battle with Walmart, then it's not even worth trying to convince you.

I asked some of my webmasters about this thread and I was told to ignore you, as you are way out of line with your accusations and insinuations. I tend to take things personally, so I am simply going to disagree with you, and if you feel we have wronged you some way, then you have that priveledge.

Point blank, I stand by our sites, our business models, and I appreciate the respect our company has gained throughout the years.
    I don't respect blind jabs, uninformed opinions, and veiled accusations, and as you see, I am not afraid to call it like I see it.

From this point forward I will simply respond with Humor, because some of the accusations about Visa really are funny!

I'm very uncomfortable with the idea of vaginas. They bother me in the way that spiders bother some people. Huskyhunks's Avatar
    I stand by everything I have said. I simply don't believe that WCD didn't know about the new fees and regulations and nothing you say will change my mind.

If you can live with what you did, fine, that seems to be how "business" is run. But you have some audacity to try to say that "other" webmasters were the reason for Visa instituting fees.
    Visa is here to make money and we are just another outlet.

Oh yeah, and Mansights is free

If you can justify that in your mind, then you can justify anything.
    Last edited by Huskyhunks; 05-24-2004 at 06:44 PM.
    Artist/Painter and Webmaster of Huskyhunks.com.

I have to agree with Craig, Brian and a few others here, the visa fee is a cost of doing business. I am glad to pay out a $750 rego fee if it gives me the long-term ability to accept visa and to continue to operate my sites. Its a legit business expense, just like my hosting, content, design and advertising expenses.

Craig, speaking of sexkey, after you got your ddos/hacker issues solved on 05/10/04, you promised "Look here this week for some fun announcements!"

When is this special announcement going to be made?

cheers,
    Luke

mansites-craig
    Hey Chilihost,
    I did promise a few announcements, and they hopefully will be here tomorrow, or Wednesday at the latest. Thank you for asking.

As a bonus, in the coming weeks I am going to announce one of the newest, hottest things in the gay adult internet world. This new site is not mine, so I objectively can say this. I was floored when I saw it, and we all think we have seen everything! We will all benefit from this new program Can't wait!

mansites-craig
    P.S. Luke,
    I will make sure we make the announcement of that new program here on GayWideWebmasters.com first!!!

WOW!!!

Just had a wee heart-to-heart with Craig and he let me in on the secret. Its really awesome - I think it could just be the "next best thing" which will affect how we do things, kinda like how reality sites have changed things so much!

The only sad news is that I am sworn to privacy, I can't tell anyone until it is released So hold on guys and gals, we may just have a rocking June/July for sales... it may be a perfect way to beat the summer slowdown.

Thanks, Craig, I am looking forward to the official release party!

cheers,
    Luke

BDBionic
    dagnabbit now you guys got me all wonderin what it is. i don't handle patience well!!!

Drag is when a man wears everything a lesbian won't. Harlan's Avatar
    HuskyHunks
    I simply don't believe that WCD didn't know about the new fees and regulations ...
    As I recall when the whole new set of rules and regulations came into effect, WCD was the first AVS to let me know about it and gave us the weekend to make the changes. In the next few days and weeks, every other AVS followed suit and often there were only hours to make the changes or all of the sites were simply de-listed until they were in compliance. So I wonder why you seem to think WCD alone had this vast running start of knowing what would happen when AC, Tri-Tech, FreeNetPass, ManCheck, Gay Passport, One Verify, Net Verifier etc didn't and if fact actually got the word out later then ManSites did to all of their wm's.

We all know what happened to AC and the medium to small wm's there, many of the former AVS's are not even around any more and so far, none of them that are still operating have required any WM's to cough up the $750 to be still submit new sites.

As for paying the $750 for other revenue streams you may have, I certainly respect your position though I think Brian and others have had some very valid counter points. Many of us find then while, of course we would rather not, the $750 is just the price of doing business. Until my bank starts accepting principles when the mortgage is due, I'll stick to dollars.
    Last edited by Harlan; 05-24-2004 at 09:04 PM.
    PrideBucks - the home of CircleJerkBoys, TrueTwinks, BoysGoneBad & MenOver30.com