Thread: Not in Google Today

southernexposure

Not in Google Today

I was listed but Google only indexed a few of my sites, now none of them are listed. What caused them to drop the site? I thought they just moved it down in the rankings..!!!:crybaby:

BDBionic
    heya.
    What are the URLs of the sites that were dropped? Is it just today that you noticed them gone? It could be the case that they're just temporarily out but will be back in later today or tomorrow as Google updates their index.
    Change hosting providers? Servers? Change your robots.txt file or anything of that sort that might affect their ability to be spidered? Alter your metatags (any broken javascript or redirects in em)?

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    Is it that they arent listed or is it that they have dropped their rank?

For example, Oz Male Galleries is ranked http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...zmalegalleries

Hae you tried searching on the domain name itself to see if you are listed?

Regards,

Lee

desslock
    Hey SouthernExposure:

do this - in the google search box you want to type

site:yourdomain.com

Google will return all the pages it has with that domain name. Just a little Google tip. That's also handy to track whether or not google is picking up more and more of your website's pages as your site grows.

hope that helps
    Steve
    :groovy:

If your site is new, ie, only picked up in the last few months, there is a theory that you first get listed in the google "sandbox" where you stay listed there only for a short time while google monitors your site and makes sure you are not trying to scam them by redirecting once listed. You will see your site drop out of google when it transfers you into their regular listings but usually it will come back in a few weeks.

cheers,
    Luke

some of my sites fell off google in the last few days :-( some were listed there for a couple years consistantly, and haven't been changed at all. rats!

AusCoding Allan

Yeah

Originally posted by Lee
    Is it that they arent listed or is it that they have dropped their rank?

For example, Oz Male Galleries is ranked http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...zmalegalleries

Hae you tried searching on the domain name itself to see if you are listed?

Regards,

Lee
    Thanks for the shameless plug Lee.

:grin:

Allan