Thread: I don't sound like that anymore

Jasun

I don't sound like that anymore

OK, so I was cleaning out the hard drive of my PC, which is in really bad need of a complete reformat and internal dusting, and I came across a bunch of unreleased recordings of my old band.

We were minor pop stars for a while here in Canada, and we had a medium size hit in the UK, but e never finished our album before we got bored and all moved on to something else.

This, however, is my favorite song of the ones I wrote.

http://homepage.mac.com/jasunmark/strange.mp3

OK.. who else is/used to be in a band?...basschick, you've gotta have stuff we can hear and Don, your film scores count, too.

You do realize by 'gay' I mean a man who has sex with other men?
    You know that song i actually like LOL

Im weird when it comes to my music tastes like anything and eveything from classical thru to techno tunes (ask the hubby )

I think if this was on the radio i would probably go out and buy the single

Regards,

Lee

Jasun
    cool... geez, maybe we shouldn't have broken up... although I have to say that seeing us up on stage was rather peculiar. We looked very strange.. one guy looked like Willy Wonka, One guy looked like Barbie's boyfriend Ken (and his name actaully was Ken, LOL) One guy looked like a Antonio Bandaras in Desperado, and I'm up on stage looking like a WWF Wrestler with tribal makeup and a silver Lamme shirt.

I still wish I could have gotten that song used either in a gay-themed teenage movie or an episode of "Queer As Folk"

Ah well..

Darren Austin
    Jasun,
    Is there a way for me to make a copy of that file?

Darren Austin
    I wish I had recording from my old shows at Cybererotica

Jasun
    Originally posted by Darren Austin
    Jasun,
    Is there a way for me to make a copy of that file?
    Sure... I think you can just right click it and save it to your drive..

but if you're having trouble, let me know.. I've got a remix of that, too.

Ounique
    Originally posted by Jasun
    although I have to say that seeing us up on stage was rather peculiar.
    Pics!!! We want pics!!!

Okay, I'm now dancing all over my bedroom listening to this. Very nice!!!

Darren Austin
    Don and Jasun,
    As you know I have changed my look which has changed my show format and I have new pics from a photo shoot that I did coming out this week. Well this has also changed my theme song (DON I LOVE YOU SO MUCH) . I have new vocals laid already, I jsut need something jazzy and bluesy. Something with a pinao intro then a heavy sax palying. If you want to help me I have the vocals I can send to you in a file.
    Let me know if you can help WORK IT OUT WITH ME!

Jasun
    Can't really do jazz... although I'm willing to at the very least give it a try... go ahead and send me a file, and I'll see if I can do anything with it.

Ounique
    Darren, you could make a contest out of it! Heh heh. I don't play sax, I tend to use pre-made loops. But I could try it. Send me the file and I'll see what I can come up with.

Ounique
    Hey, you guys wanna hear me singing with my old band???

Click here to hear Don's old band!!!

We were called Sin Wagon (for about a week). Then we were called Pimps R Poets. Then we became a duo called Little Secrets. Anyway, this was my favorite of all our old songs. I hope you like it.

Oh, and thank you Jasun, for helping me out with this.

Darren Austin
    Awesome. Ok , let's make a contest out of it and see where it goes.

I am sending the file to you guys. I think that we should start a new thread about this.
    I will be sending you the file of vocals.
    Jasun what is your e-mail address
    you can also send it to me via ICQ 316772402

Jasun
    Cool. Sounds fun. Maybe Don and I can do it together with the magic of the Internet.

Darren Austin
    Would the contest be between Jasun and Don?
    I thin we should let the board community decide what new theme song I should have for the new season!

what do you think?