Thread: Logo Design

Logo Design

We all pretty much realize that a logo "brands" our site, and helps in customer recognition. But is a logo something that only a pro can develop? Not necessarily. Check out the following links for some good insight on the building blocks of a logo and putting it all together.

Logo Basics

Additional Logo Resources

Have an idea and make it come to life! Gary-Alan's Avatar
    Thanks for the info, Bec.

Again, how timely you are LOL This is great advice especially for the graphically challenge of us.

We have been working on a number of new projects and of them requires a new logo. I have something in my head and before I send anything out to a designer I want at least the basic idea laid out.

I've been stuck. And the article on shapes, just snapped me back into reality. Now I have a clue how I'm going to approach this.

Thanks!!!

Gary-Alan

Glad it helped! Too often we encumber ourselves with thinking that an identifying icon has to be something really ornate when in reality they are basically shapes and lines and perhaps playing with the fonts. If you really want to get the brain on the right track, go into the search engine on AOL and click IMAGES up top ... and type in logo in the search box -- and just start browsing.

If you have a key word in mind, try typing it ... like aim logo ... you'll be amazed at how many companies use the word aim, and how varied the designs are for each firm.

And as you said, if you're not comfortable doing the actual design, at least now you can present something more solid as a concept for a real graphic artist to build from. You can also easily save a few samples you find and show him or her what you liked so they can try to bring in a similar element or effect into your new domain logo.