Thread: Traffic Leaks and Linking

Polish my nuts and serve me a milkshake Buck Angel's Avatar

Traffic Leaks and Linking

Hi,
    I am new here and wanted to ask some questions about whats the best way to link my site. It's a membership site and I have just had it redesigned by Bec (She is so awesome!! She's also the one who turned me on to this site)
    I have an affiliate program and some of the webmasters won't sign up if I have links on the front of my site. As it stands now I get pretty good traffic from SE and other sites because I have exchanged links with them. So I want to keep my links page but not sure where to link it from.

OK thanks for any feedback!

Also I will be at IML.. anyone else going?

WOOF!!
    Buck

BDBionic
    You could always build an exact replica of your main page, just without the reciprocal links, and have that be the one that's linked to by affiliates. So that the traffic your affiliates send arrive at the site through an "alternate" entry page. That looks exactly the same except the only links on it going in to the tour and join pages instead of to anything external.

PS - welcome to the site!

graphicsbytia
    Nice site Buck Angel, I just signed up for the affiliate program. Can you tell me a little more about what's inside?

BDBionic has a good suggestion, just build a second site without those recips and call it index2.html, etc. and have your ccbill affiliates who do not want traffic leaks to link to something like:

http://refer.ccbill.com/cgi-bin/clicks.cgi?CA=123456-0000&PA=XXXXXX&HTML=http://www.domain.com/index2.html
    Or, you can use some php and have a variable that controls your links, if no variable is present then you include the links but if it is there you don't include them. Once again, you would have affiliates send traffic to something like the above but the last bit would be HTML=http://www.domain.com?affil=yes

The first one is probably easiest if you don't know php. If you need help setting up either of these solutions let me know & I will get the code to you!

cheers,
    Luke

Ok great thanks very much! That makes sense.

Thanks for joining my program! What I have inside is mostly all original content of myself with guys, girls and TS girls. I have a friends section of galleries from other sites(mostly TS girl sites)
    I have a video section with WMV/Realplayer clips. A section with stories I write about my experiences shooting the different scenes. A bio section and a shop where you can purchase my DVD's.A livefeeds section and a live webcam show everyweek.

Hope this helps!

WOOF!
    Buck

hey, buck! did you have bec redo the member area so you have thumbs of your videos and stuff?

btw, are you coming back to l.a. in june?

Ah, were are in the process of a total inside makeover Patti ... and I finally caved in and just downloaded his entire site so I could see how it subfolders, etc. Now I'm trying to figure out the simplest way to either update his over 7000 html pages or just start over using external CSS sheets for footers and headers at the bare minimum and cleaning up the gallery presentation using bigger thumbs etc.

... over 6 hours downloading that puppy on dsl ... sheeeeiitttt LOL

graphicsbytia
    Originally posted by Buck Angel
    Ok great thanks very much! That makes sense.

Thanks for joining my program! What I have inside is mostly all original content of myself with guys, girls and TS girls. I have a friends section of galleries from other sites(mostly TS girl sites)
    I have a video section with WMV/Realplayer clips. A section with stories I write about my experiences shooting the different scenes. A bio section and a shop where you can purchase my DVD's.A livefeeds section and a live webcam show everyweek.

Hope this helps!

WOOF!
    Buck
    yes it does, thanks

I have a couple questions I want to ask you on promoting the site, hit me up on icq when you have a chance 13599645

bec - ouch!

Hey Basschick!
    I will be in LA July 4th-11..I hope we can meet up!

Yes we are doing thumbs of the videos..I had already stated doing that like you suggested and my members really like it much better.

Also Bec is really kicking ass on the members section.

WOOF!
    Buck